Thursday, September 4, 2014

Flushing the potty

I guess I should just accept the fact that I will only get one blog written per week until I get my spunk back.  I am going tomorrow to get my iron levels checked because based on what I googled I think mine are low.  But then again googling can make you think a lot of bad things that aren't so.

This little monkey loves to stay right in my business ALL day, every day.  Whatever I do, he does.  That’s just the way it is.  So when I put on makeup he wants a turn too!
Last weekend we made an impromptu trip to a birthday party.  It was more like a parent party and bring your kids.  We didn't mind.  My boys had a large time, and Ford got to practice holding a baby before “Three-Sally-Cake” gets here.  The little girl next to Ford was celebrating her birthday.  I later caught them holding hands on the couch.  And so it begins....
Bitty is all about the potty these days.  He really enjoys unrolling the toilet paper and flushing.  He isn't so much into “using” the potty as he is playing on it.  In order to fully make the experience memorable, he must be completely naked.  Must be a man thing… I prefer clothes!
This little mess is growing up too fast.  He is constantly amazes me with his thought process and new ideas.  He still wants to be a lifeguard, but he did throw in dentist this week.  I think it’s because we had to stop by and get a sore spot in his mouth examined.  He starts soccer soon…. Pictures to come.
Ohhhhh the cuteness before school this mooring.  Both were okay with going because they were armed with iced sugar cookies to share with their friends.  John Brantley was especially excited about the cookies, but NOT the sharing part.  
What do you do when it’s above 90 degrees outside???  We play in the water.    
John Brantley is still not talking like most two year olds, (I’m guessing) but he makes his point on everything loud and clear.  He and I were headed in Wal-Mart the other day and this hippie looking guy was walking out.  He had a long beard and long hair.  Bitty starts screaming and pointing at the man saying, “BIG!!!!  MEAN!!!!”  I nearly died.  I mean I know all kids must embarrass you at some point, but I could get put in a bad situation over something like this.  I kind of leaned down in his face and reminded him “We DON’T say stuff like that” and I gave him the evil mother eye.

The other night I got up for one of my 2-3 bathroom trips a night a 3:33 AM.  I got back in bed and at 3:36 AM I hear “Momma” right next to my ear.  I look down and it’s John Brantley.  I kind of freaked out because he still sleeps in a baby bed and how in the WORLD did he get out???  The next morning I made him show me what he did.  He threw one leg over the side and then fell down to the floor.  He could easily break an arm or leg doing that so I told him NOT to do it again.  We shall see if he minds.  I was impressed he would walk through the dark house at night and me not hear him.  He even said, “truck… kick”.   I knew what that meant.  He had kicked one of the trucks he left in the living room on his journey to find me.
My kids get emotional when they get tired and John Brantley has started crying to go back to our old house when he gets sleepy.  It’s really quite comical.  He says, “Home… old”.  We have been renting a house while we build for 4 months now, but we all miss our home.  I guess when you know you aren't going to be somewhere permanently it’s hard to get really settled.  Even at age two it’s hard to adjust for a little guy.
Pregnancy Update:

Well this is my 14th week of pregnancy and my goal was NOT to submit to maternity clothes until week 14.  Fortunately, and unfortunately, I can still wear some of my “normal clothes”, but 90% of my maternity stuff is winter.  I might be getting creative, or you might be seeing me in the same thing a lot.  Either way… you've been notified.

The good news is: I have made it to the second trimester.  The bad news is: I still don’t feel as lovely as I thought I would or should.  But the baby AKA Three, Sally, and Cake is now the size of a lemon.  Unfortunately, my stomach is more in the melon shaped family and not a petite little lemon.  I guess when you’re on pregnancy #3 (really 4 for me) the old body knows how to get things done quickly.

The nausea isn't as bad as it once was, thank goodness… but it’s not completely gone either.  Exhaustion and headaches are now my new things which I don’t care for either one of them!  I haven’t felt her move yet, but I know she feels when John Brantley sits on my stomach and says, “Hey Cake or Babeeee” to my stomach.  It’s really quite cute and funny.

I can still sleep on my stomach which I find to be remarkable at the point, even though I’m not a stomach sleeper.  And my good old faithful friend from John Brantley’s pregnancy is back: the hernia.  They never go away, but I honestly wasn't aware I even had one after he was born.  Ohhhh but I am now.  It’s just an annoying/numbing pain that I feel often during the day.

You know I'm pregnant when.... you can find Totino's in my frig!!!
The house building is coming at a sometimes frustratingly slow pace.  Our builders are fabulous.  They are always available and help immediately.  It’s the other guys that seem to make my patience wear thin.  I like for people to follow through with their word and be there when they say they will be there and be on time.  I guess that’s just part of this process.  Everyone can’t be everywhere they are needed at once so someone has to wait. 

Here’s the house today….    
Garage side
Back of house
Back of house

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...