Sunday, September 7, 2014

Friends are better than therapy

I remember before I left to go to college my parents telling me how wonderful the experience would be, and that I would meet my lifelong friends there.  Now I did have a wonderful experience, I did meet some lifelong friends, but two of my favorites are my best friends from high school.

My family moved to Hattiesburg when I was in the 8th grade.  By 9th grade 4 of us had formed a little group, and we called ourselves “the posse”.  We did everything together.  Family vacations, summer camps, sleep overs, college trips, and we were all in each other’s’ weddings.  One of the 4 of us has lost touch, but the other 3 of us remain strong.   I don’t get to see Jamie and Katie as often as I would like to since we are all married, mothers, and I live 4 hours away, but when we do get together it’s like we haven’t missed a beat.

Katie and I are both expecting our third child, both girls, and I decided we needed to have a “reunion” before our daughters come.  I kept hounding Jamie and Katie to find a weekend for us to see each other.  This was the weekend.

We met up yesterday in Jackson for a late lunch.  Where did we eat?  Well, none other than a Mexican restaurant of course.  We spent MANY hours eating cheese dip and quesadillas in high school.  After stuffing ourselves we did some retail therapy and then headed to Puddin’s house.  We sat in the living room and talked for 3.5 hours.  There is never a topic that is off limits, and you know the conversations have gotten good when Jamie starts slapping her knees.  We laughed, reminisced, laughed some more, and then decided we needed to eat again. 

We headed to Newk’s for supper followed some sweets for dessert, and back to Puddin’s to slap our knees some more.  These girls hold a special place in my heart and no matter how much time passes in-between visits, it’s like we were never apart.  I love you girls!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I totally agree, friends are the best therapy for a girl! I grew up about an hour away from Hattisburg, in Alabama. I made a few trip over there while in college since my childhood BFF went to Southern Miss.

Katie said...

Aww!! I feel the same way. I share things with you two that are not shared with anyone else =)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...