Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Schools out for summer and 23 months

In my older age I have become sappier on special holidays.  Mother’s Day was this past Sunday and I am very fortunate to be able to celebrate it with two beautiful healthy boys, and a wonderful mother and mother in law.  The day was simple, but it was very nice.  My boys drew me a sweet picture and gave me a gift certificate to the spa at the Alluvian Hotel in Greenwood.  I have been hinting to Trey for a while that I wanted to go for the weekend with another couple, go to cooking school, eat at Gardinia’s, and get pampered.  He delivered!
We have been coming right along in the building process.  Ohhhh the decisions to be made: window color, window shape, trim color, brick color, column color, roof color, etc… That’s what we have been working on lately.  Here’s a view from our driveway thus far….
It's hard to tell since we haven't even poured the foundation yet.  We hope to be in our new home in early 2015.
Along with making all the decisions for our house we have also planted some bushes and trees along the perimeter of our property which I get the pleasure of watering.  Sunday night I was carrying my milk jugs as I was giving the plants a drink.  I saw a SNAKE.  I paused and decided someone was playing a joke on me.  I quickly changed my mind and started hollering, “Snake… TREY!!!!!  SNAKE!!!”  He came running asking all kinds of questions.  I said it was black and KILL IT NOW!!!  Then Fancy decided it was a “good” snake that ate the bad snakes.  I said absolutely not and I made him finish the nasty thing off.
YUCK!!!!!!!!
Monday was Ford’s last day of his second round of 3K.  He started a new school this year and has had a wonderful year, and I have been extremely pleased.  I am sad it’s over.  
His little class has been working on their end of the year program for several weeks now.  Monday morning was the time for the show!
Here comes Ford!
He was embarrassed.... I love the face.
Still embarrassed that I was looking at him and taking pictures!
And the show begins...
Mrs. Laura giving Ford his 3K certificate.
Class of 2028
Gran and BoomPa with Ford
Puddin and Pops with Ford
Bobba with Ford
All of Ford's grandparents
Momma and Daddy with Ford
Snacks at the reception
Teacher gifts
Thanks for a wonderful year, Mrs. Laura and Mrs. Kristy
Certificate of completion
And yes, I have another child!!!  He didn't get very much facetime on this blog.  But today is he is 23 months old, which means that next month he will be TWO!I can’t really wrap my mind around the fact that my baby is almost two years old.  It’s just hard to believe.
 
John Brantley has developed quite the personality lately.  He is extremely aggressive and I believe shows more forceful behavior because he is frustrated with the language barrier.  But, the little guy has started talking a lot more lately.  Now you can’t necessarily understand all that he says, but I have picked up on some words…. “bye bye, no, cah (car), tuck (truck), ma’ma (means thank you), ku-key (cookie), dink (drink), momma (me), dada (Trey), Maaaaaaaahhhh (when he is calling someone), De-ta (Delta), Pah (Pops), Boom (BoomPa), Gan (Gran), Tac-ter (tractor), and he has a word for milk and couch, but I can’t even begin to explain them.
 He is still tiny with little bird legs.  At the doctor he recently weighed 22.5 pounds, which puts him below the 5th percentile.  He wears a size 3 Luvs diapers, wears a size 4-5 shoe, and 12-24 months clothes.  He naps about 1.5 hours each afternoon, and goes to bed around 7:30 at night and gets a good 12-13 hours every night.
 He is strong willed, determined, opinionated, compassionate, loud, rough, sweet, energetic, and my little dude.  I love Bitty!!!

1 comment:

Ashley Brickner said...

What a sweet family you have! Love their names!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...