Saturday, May 10, 2014

My little slugger

I feel like my blog has been suffering lately.  So much has been going on with moving, building a house, Ford in school, and t-ball, etc.  We have been in our rental house for 16 days now and all 4 of us have not sat down at the same table to eat at the same time yet.

With that being said, this blog post will be random and it’s not even in the correct order!!!  Kind of like my life lately…

On Thursday, John Brantley and I joined Ford at school for his end of the year party.  Each child in grades 3K-5K had to pay a small fee for the outdoor entertainment and they had a blast.  We started off with face painting by some big girls.
 The next activity was a petting zoo.  I thought this was such a cute idea and asked the lady in charge about coming to Ford’s birthday party.  When I found out it was $500-$550 for the critters I quickly stepped away.  I hate to break it to you, but the goats won’t be attending!
Then they rode a horse.
 Even Bitty got to do all the stuff like the big kids.  He certainly thinks he's just as big as everyone else.
 I had never heard of a painted school bus called “conXion” but they have gymnastic type activities inside the bus.  It was tight quarters, but the kids LOVED it!
 They petted rabbits
 And had turtle races
They enjoyed the train ride even though it went pretty slowly.
 There was also a bouncey house, a free play station, popsicles, and snack time.  This picture would be of Benjamin, another little brother, and Bitty having some juice.  After all the outside activities were complete, they went inside for pizza.  Benjamin and John Brantley were playing with the classroom toys and I guess Benjamin didn't something Bitty didn't like.  The little boy started crying and all of Ford's classmates started hollering that John Brantley BIT Benjamin.  I swiped him up, spanked his leg, and put him in time out.  ONLY MY CHILD!
 We did some playing in the swimming pool.  Look at the cuteness of this little boy!!!
 And like I said, we are ALL out of order here.  The day after Ford's birthday (May 2), I surprised him with treats for his class.  Here they are singing happy birthday to him.  I'm pretty sure this was OUT OF HIS comfort zone.  He made faces the entire time!
 Bitty joined in.  He had never had a Squeeze It before.  He got the squeeze part down JUST FINE!!!  He shot that drink right in his face and red juice stains!
 See!!!
As you can tell from this picture, we have no school training.  Standing in chairs is CLEARLY not allowed!
 Last night we competed in our second 5K.  I am not the competitive type, we did it to support our community and have some family fun.
 Me, Ford, and Jessica.  Jessica actually won her age group, but she's so fast she didn't realize where the course went and took a wrong turn and crossed the finish line incorrectly and was disqualified.
 As we begin the 3.2 miles.
And here we come.  See Ford running beside me???
 Dying
 I was a sweaty individual at this point.  I'd say we ran half of it and walked the other half.  Running is NOT fun to me.  Hats off to all of you who enjoy it!
Ohhhhh but Justice Puddin walked the entire thing and STILL WON first place in her age group!!  WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!!
 Notice how bare our little house is.  I refuse to unpack too much stuff just to repack in a few months when we move again!  Bitty actually found something he will watch on TV... a John Deere tractor movie!!!  I can actually get about 5 minutes alone thanks to it!
 Ford is 100 times better at t-ball this year.  Last year I almost had a heart attack at every game watching him play in the grass, pick flowers, twirl like a ballerina, and stare at the clouds.  This year he is the oldest on the field, pays attention, and actually runs after the ball.  Go #13!!!!!!!!
 He was soooooooo proud of the grass stains he got for catching this ball!  Secretly, I was too!
 Ford's biggest fan.  He tends to run out on the field at least once a game to steal a hug from Ford!!!!  I know, I know.... awwwwwwww!!!!!
 My little slugger!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...