Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A lump in my throat

You know that thick lump you get in your throat when you need to cry?  Well, I have that.  I’m honestly not too much of an emotional person, but I can be very sentimental. 

For the past 7 years Trey and I have lived in the same house in Senatobia.  It’s the second house we've lived in and owed together.  This is the longest I have lived in a house in my entire life.  And yesterday we sold and closed on our house.

Trey and I have invested a lot of time, love, and money into this old house.  It’s a fabulous house that someone bought, completely gutted, and updated.  We have made several changes and added a few things here and there.  This is our house and I am so sad to leave.
I remember waking Trey up telling him I was pregnant with both boys.  I rocked my babies for hours upon hours in this house.  I have watched them roll over, crawl, and walk in this house.  I have put together birthday parties, play dates, and family gatherings here.  We have seen the sheer joy of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny coming to our house on our boys’ faces. 

Our house has quirks.  I know these quirks.  I know how the doors sound when you close them.  I know that certain parts of the floor squeak if you step on them just right.  And I usually step on the wrong parts at nap time.  I love living by the train tracks and watching my boys get excited to watch it ride by.  I love the church bells and hearing the mailman come bright and early in the morning.  I'll miss the sweet that people always wave when we are out in the yard.  It’s so nice to live right in the middle of town and literally be second away from your destination.
 I’ll miss riding bikes with the boys around town.  I’ll miss walking to Trey’s office or the library during the day.  We will miss playing at the park and at the church playground.  I’ll miss looking out at my neighbors’ houses.
 We are moving.  It’s time to move on.  We bought some land 3.5 years ago and have now begun building our forever home out there.  It’ll be great and we are so excited, but are sad to close this chapter at the same time.  Goodbye 225 Tate Street and thanks for 7 great years and a lifetime of memories!!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...