Monday, April 28, 2014

Gran update

Y'all have heard me talk about my mom, Gran, a lot on here.  I love that woman and you'll continue to hear more and more.  Well, last week she went in to have an MRI to see how she was doing and get an update on her cancer status.  I HATE the waiting game.  We waited and waited and waited for them to call her back with the results.  Finally, the next day they called and she had a GOOD REPORT!!!!  She went to see her oncologist today.  Below I have copied and pasted what my dad wrote on Facebook.

Praise God. He does still perform miracles. Today Suzanne met with her Oncologist. He said that her report was fantastic. He concurred that the cancer was not present in her liver and said that a mass could NOT be identified in her pancreas as cancer but that it was cancer related. He "flirted" with the word remission but did not say that she was actually in remission. She will continue her chemo treatments as she has been doing. He said that he did not want to stop the treatment because he feared that the cancer would return and that she might not be able to tolerate the chemo or that it might not be as effective. He said that only 20% of pancreatic cancer patients get a report like this. By any means we are elated with this news. Prayer does work and thank you thank you thank you for continuing to pray for her. God is listening. Keep the Faith.

There you go, people.  God is good and faithful all the time.  Prayer works.  He's the ultimate physician and my mom is in his hands!!!  PLEASE keep the prayers coming because they are WORKING!

2 comments:

Lori said...

How awesome! Our family has dealt with pancreatic cancer, and I am so happy for your mom and the great test results she received!! Many continued prayers for your family! I read your blog and I was hoping for amazing results for your mom!

Kara said...

So happy to read this great news Jill!!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...