Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Special Gift

Last Friday, Gran and BoomPa came for a visit.  Being that it was pretty chilly outside, Boom decided he’d sport his vintage hat from back in the day.  John Brantley found this to be very humorous and needed to try it on himself!  
 Gran must have been feeling well that day because she offered to take Ford home with them to spend the night.  He had a big time and enjoyed some one on one time from his grandparents.  Bitty and I had our own party that night since Fancy went to stay at the farm to critter hunt the next day.

Doesn't my mom look amazing!!????  If I had gone through four “Atomic Bomb” sized rounds of chemo and major surgery I don’t think I’d look like this 2 weeks later!  
 This CHILD…. This child… Ohhhh this child!!!  You honestly can’t take your eyes off of him for 2 seconds.  I did the other day while I was folding laundry.  I heard him getting his bathroom stool and I knew he was up to no good.  He found an M&M Christmas candy cane and was helping himself!
 We are fighting childhood and adult obesity hardcore at this house.  My boys exercise and I spectate and document.
 Not pictured is Ford doing push-ups and John Brantley attempting the same task.  However, Bitty didn't full get the concept and preceded to head-butt the floor a few times until he decided that was for the birds.
Ford is VERY inquisitive and has such an appetite for Biblical knowledge.  He doesn't just ask surface level questions, he digs deep and puts a lot of thought into what he is thinking and wants to know.  My niece, Molly Cate, drew Gran and BoomPa a picture of Calvary and it’s on their refrigerator.  Ford made sure to study her picture thoroughly and ask me all about it.  Last week he got busy of his own version. 

No, that is not a tree at the bottom of the page.  The brown is the dirt road that Jesus had to carry the cross down on his back.  The green is the grass.  Then you have Jesus in the middle with the two criminals on either side of him.  He drew a sun, but he knows that after Jesus died the earth turn dark so he drew a purple circle and gray clouds.  I thought it was pretty good for a 4 year old!
 My Bitty loves some sweets.  On Sunday Ford was under the weather and John Brantley had to take a nap.  They were invited to one of my friend’s daughter’s second birthday parties.  Since I am so sweet I decided to go by myself to say hey and give Suzy her gift.  My friend, Amy, sent us home some goodies and John Brantley didn't mind a bit.
 Ford never really cared for TV until he was 3 years old.  Now he likes it a little too much.  At 3:00 every afternoon he MUST watch a show called, “Wild Kratts”.  It’s on PBS and is about two brothers named Chris and Martin who teach you about animals.  It’s part cartoon and part real life.  Ford calls the show “Krista-Martin” and decided that he and Bitty needed to dress up like them.  Ford came up with the attire and off they went on a “creature trail”.
When Daddy comes home its ATTACK TIME!!!!  
If you are a blog follower of mine you know that my mom was diagnosed with Stage 3 pancreatic cancer back in October.  Since then she has undergrown 4 extremely tough rounds of chemotherapy that her oncologist referred to as “The Atomic Bomb”.  At the first of the year she went in to have a surgical procedure done to remove part of her pancreas.  It was determined when they opened her up that the cancer had spread to her liver, and she was not able to have the surgery.  Now she is deemed as a Stage 4 pancreatic cancer patient, and she is trying a new type of chemo.  Today, was her first day taking the new drug and so far the side effects have been slim to none.  This is such a praise because she felt horrible for the latter part of 2013.  We have had some good days here lately where my mom, Gran, has felt regular again. 


Thirteen of my sweet friends and Tri-Delta pledge class sisters sent me a SWEET package last week.  Inside was a beautiful Ronaldo bracelet called “Tied Together” that is to represent the special bond that my mother and I have.  This was totally unexpected and very much appreciated for them to do this for me!  I know a few of them read my blog.  I love you girls!!!  Thanks for my special gift!


1 comment:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

That was so sweet & thoughtful of your friends! I love it! I'm so glad y'all have had good days lately:)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...