Wednesday, April 17, 2013

When I blow up the kitchen

I’m not one to jump on new trends or try to follow the crowd.  That’s never been my thing.  However, I have been amazed with all these 5K runners I hear about lately so I signed the Lamar family up for their first EVER 5K last weekend.  We didn't train.  We didn't practice.  We just signed up and showed up.  That probably wasn't my best move, but it was what we did. 

There were around 100 people signed up to run/walk in the Super Warrior Weekend 5K.  We loaded up the double stroller and got in line.  When the race started about 95 people were in front of us.  We were eating dust if you get my drift.  I told Trey I just couldn't finish last.  We ran about 100 yards and stopped.  Not lying!  Eventually we decided we’d run on a street then rest.  Run on a street and then rest.  It was a LONG time before we saw the first mile marker.  It was a real long time before we finished our 3.1 miles.

Trey pushed the boys the entire time.  He could run a lot faster and further than me because I am in the shape of a 75 year old woman… not kidding.  After we’d run a little bit my skin would start burning and itching from the cold.  I really didn't think I could run the end of the race, but they had little groups of people cheering you on along the way and I managed to run the last tiny bit.  I finished in 42 minutes and 53 seconds and Trey come in a second or two behind me.  Yep… I beat him!!!

Mayberry isn't known for having a lot of places to eat besides fast food restaurants which I have tried to stop frequenting because they are so bad for you.  If you give Ford the chance to pick a place to eat he always asks to go to Rio Lindo, a Mexican restaurant.  We went last week and it was Bitty’s first time in a high chair.  He was stunned!!

We hadn't seen my granddaddy in a few weeks so we made a trip over to Oxford to visit him!  The boys entertained him thoroughly.  

 Trey’s very best friend is being deployed through the National Guard to go overseas for 6 months as a Chaplain.  We went to Cleveland on Saturday night for a going away party for Seth.  We loaded up at Puddin and Pop’s house with some friends for the drive to the Delta.
That’s Seth in the plaid on the right.  Be praying for him over the next 6 months.  He’s leaving behind a wife and 3 kids.  

 Pops and his boys….
 Ford found a picture of Santa in a magazine and was ohhh so thrilled about his discovery!
 John Brantley will be taking some steps just any day now.  Every time he stands up without holding on to something Ford starts yelling and scares him to death.   
 There’s nothing like attempting to take a picture of my two kids.  Just doesn't happen…   
 John Brantley loves to crawl down the hall and look out the door.  He squeals, yells, and bangs on the door.  I don’t know what he’s saying but he sure is excited about it!   
 I bought a tub of ice cream at the grocery store, which never happens might I add.  John Brantley Lamar loves ice cream just as much as his BoomPa does.  He squealed like a kid at Christmas!!!!

Fancy claims that I have about 5 different things I cook for supper and I rotate them all the time.  It’s not true, I probably have at least 8.  He requested for me to cook something that wasn't a casserole, no noodles, and without “cream of ____ (something) in it”.  Okay… I can do this.  Tonight I am going to fry some chicken.  I think after almost 8 years of marriage I should give this a try.  We might be building our new house sooner than later when I blow up my kitchen.  Wish me luck!!!    


2 comments:

Brittany said...

Jill - I'm the queen of "cream of _____" Well I used to be until I couldn't take the comments from JM any longer!!!

Meg said...

JB must come to Gaines party. We are having ice cream cones!! Gaines asks for ice cream every single night!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...