Monday, April 22, 2013

The explosion

Slick, a nickname I have for Ford, decided that he wanted to go eat breakfast at the Donut Shop on Saturday.  I love donuts so I told Fancy that he could stay at home with Bitty while he napped and I’d take one for the team and eat some low calorie donuts.  We had a nice breakfast and lovely conversation.  About 1/3 of the way into his biscuit he was ready to go home.  Getting Ford to eat is such a chore!

Before we left for our breakfast date Ford needed to take a picture with Daddy who had just come in from turkey hunting.

Bitty likes mealtimes too, but he often times makes a huge mess.

 So, on my last post I said I was cooking fried chicken and that I did.  I was quickly reminded why we eat so many casseroles around here.  I can prepare them ahead of time and freeze them or cook them during nap time.  I can’t fry chicken during nap time and expect it to taste delicious at 6:00.  So I found a Paula Dean recipe for frying chicken, and I trust her because she seems to know what to do in the kitchen.  I got busy making a good southern dinner all the while John Brantley is screaming and pulling my pajama pants down and Ford is asking like 75 questions.  Trey came in right about the time supper was ready and picked up the baby.  He immediately wanted to know why he felt wet.  I had no idea because I was knee deep in chicken batter.  Well, apparently Bitty had an explosion.  Instead of helping Trey I grabbed my camera!
 Supper was really good and I will fry some chicken again real soon.
 Ford is obsessed with toothbrushes and toothpaste.  We brush our teeth numerous times a day.
 Suckers are always a fun treat!!!
 On Saturday we went to our buddy, Cooper’s, birthday party.  They had an enormous bounce house.  Ford got a good workout from playing in that thing.
 Bitty wishes he was big enough!
 This would be John Brantley’s girlfriend, Sidney Kate.  She is about 8 weeks older than Bitty and will be his prom date in 17 years!
 We spent some time at the property this weekend.  We are slowly trying to decide on some house plans.  Ohhh what a process this will be!
 Our yard needed some major TLC.  I called a handy yard service in town and asked for a quote.  I thought it was a fair price and I said, “You’re hired!!!”  The crew of at least 4 guys spent over 4 hours cleaning my bushes out and mowing our yard.  It looks beautiful.  We had to take some pictures before church yesterday!
 Then Ford and I got out yesterday afternoon and planted some flowers.  He is excited that the yard will look good for his birthday party!
He’s rotten and he knows it!




1 comment:

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

I'm dying! Trey's expression says it all!! Hilarious!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...