Thursday, April 25, 2013

Where did Daddy find you???

Lately my week days consist of lots of housework and chores one day and then the next day lots of playing.  I try to do my housework on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday when Ford is at school and John Brantley is napping.  I try not to do too much cleaning and such while they are awake so I can play with them. 

 The other day the weather was so nice.  We went to the park in the morning before naps and I let Ford play in the mud.  What was I thinking, I am not sure??  Fortunately, the mom we went with had a plastic bag in her car.  Fortunately again, we didn't get pulled over or Ford would have gotten a ticket for indecent exposure because he rode home stark naked!
After our afternoon naps we strolled to a church playground near our house.  John Brantley had never been in a swing before.  He thoroughly enjoyed himself!


 Would you please get a load of those legs on Bitty?  I could squeeze him to death!!!!!!
 After the swings it was time to slide.  Ford really wanted John Brantley to go down the slide with him.  He squished his cheeks to death and he looks like a sumo wrestler!
 Fancy pants went hunting this morning and by golly he finally got him a turkey bird.  He called to tell me that he’d killed one and told Ford to put on his camo for a picture.  That didn't take any convincing, Ford loves his camouflage attire very much!
 Mealtimes with Ford aren't fun.  I really don’t know how else to say it.  I didn't cook anything tonight because Trey played in a golf tournament this afternoon and I knew he wouldn't be home.  I gave Ford a lunchable.  I think he ate 1 piece of cheese.  The child just won’t eat hardly anything.  He really tests our patience.
 Yesterday when I was changing John Brantley’s diaper I noticed that he felt hot.  I took his temperature and it was 100.4.  An hour later it was 100.7.  I wrote it off as teething.  I gave him some ibuprofen and we went about our morning.  After his 3 hour nap, very unusual, it was up to 102.  I knew that wasn't teeth.  He woke up at 5:30 this morning with 101.1 so I called the doctor at 8:00.  When I got up there they said to undress him and bring him to the scale.  When I did I noticed red spots.

It turns out he has a fever virus called roseola.  I've never heard of it, but that’s what he has.  It’s contagious in smaller children…. I hope Ford stays safe.

John Brantley weighed 18.10 pounds which is the 5th-10th percentile.  I think being on the skinny side of things really worries Trey.  He’s fine!


I think John Brantley looks like I did as a child.  Trey really won’t admit it.  I think he is just sad that he doesn't have a second little clone.  I found this picture of me when I was 2 years old.

My favorite thing Ford has asked me lately is, “Momma, where did Daddy find you?”  He just asked me out of the blue one night when I was trying to get him to go to bed.  He is such a deep thinker.



No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...