Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The eye doctor and the mouse

Patience is not something I would consider to be a strong quality of mine.  I will admit that it has gotten better since I married Fancy and a little better with each of my children.  I am assuming I passed that quality on to them as well, because they aren't the most patient two I know either.  With that being said, my patience was stretched pretty thin today when I took John Brantley to the eye doctor. 

No, I haven’t noticed any problems with his eyes.  My ophthalmologist in town will check baby’s eyes for free if they are under 1 year.  I had lazy eye as a child and worry that my boys will inherit my bad eyes and not their dad’s perfect vision.  Our appointment was at 3:00.  We got there right on time and waited.

John Brantley can stand up for a few seconds alone!


I understand that sometimes you have to wait to be seen for an appointment, but there is only so much I can do to contain an almost 4 year old and 9 month old.  After 45 minutes I let them do whatever they wanted!

 Fortunately, the doctor had a toy bucket which entertained them.
 So our appointment was at 3:00 and finally at 3:45 we were called back to a room.
 Ford did a lot of talking.  He laid down on the couch in the exam room while Bitty and I sat in the chair.  The assistant said, “You sure do look comfortable!”  Ford replied back with, “I’m sitting just like my daddy always does!!!”  Ohhhh we both laughed!!!  Yes, his daddy loves to lie on the couch.

Then the excitement started.  There was a MOUSE in the office and it peeked it’s head around the corner as if to come into my exam room.  I don’t do mice!!!  NO ma’am I don’t!  So I sent Ford out into the hall to jump around and keep him out.  Ford called himself “The Mouse Guard”.  
 “Momma, when will the mouse come out????”
 John Brantley and Dr. Scott
Stuff like this makes his daddy so proud!!!!  Ha ha ha

 On Tuesday we took a field trip to Memphis.  I heard that the Pink Palace had free admission so we loaded up and went on a spur of the moment trip.
Feeding this child is a challenge.  He thinks it’s comical to spit and fling his head around!

 Big news for Bitty today…. He learned to drink through a sippy cup.  In the past he would just gnaw on the end of it, but tonight he got the concept.  I think he was even a little startled when the water came out.  He LOVED it and would squeal for more.  It’s the simple things in life!
 Every night after we have our baths we have “family fun time” in the bed.  Ford just likes to wrestle with John Brantley.  Tonight JB was mad because Ford took his sippy cup away.  John Brantley has quite the temper now!
 Ford is into tooth brushes lately.  He probably has 6.  I bought some for John Brantley and he seems to inherit those as well.  Tonight he told me he was going to brush his teeth 4 times.  When he was finished he came up to me and said, “Smell my teeth.”

Yesterday he said, “Momma, if you scream at a turtle will it hide inside its shell?”

Ford is REALLY into his muscles and how strong he is.  He will gladly pick up things he thinks are heavy to show off his strength and huge muscles.  He thinks he’s stronger and taller than everyone he knows.  I hope he doesn’t get little man syndrome!

The other night he climbed up on the bathroom counter to brush his teeth.  In doing so he knocked a toy on the floor which almost broke.  I said, “Number 1 you aren’t supposed to be climbing on the counter tops.”  Before I could say another word he says, “What is number 2?”  Such a smartie pants!
Don’t forget about my little buddy, Cohen.  His dad is making all kinds of new things all the time.

I’m going to participate in my first 5K in a few weeks.  Notice I said “participate” and not run.  I plan to walk and enjoy the scenery of Mayberry.  If you’d like to sign up for Super Warrior Weekend I would love to see you there.


My friends are selling cute clothes at a local store here in town.  The prices are fabulous.  Check them out….

Oh and I might die before the month of April is over.  I NEED CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...