Sunday, March 31, 2013

If I begin to twitch or something

He is risen indeed!  Last night on Easter Eve, if you will, Trey and I spent a good while reading and explaining Good Friday, The Cross, The Empty Tomb, How Jesus is ALIVE and all to Ford.  We wanted to make sure he understood what Easter meant.  Yes, the Easter Bunny was coming to visit, but that is not why we celebrate Easter.  He really seemed to understand everything we talked about and was excited about it all.

Yesterday morning was kind of yucky and we were stuck indoors.  I sent Trey and Ford to Wal-Mart to gather eggs and a dye kit.  Ford loves a project and this was right up his alley.  

Jill, I want you to know that my child also loves to spend time in his pajamas like your boys!!!

 The Easter Bunny came to see the Lamar boys….
 Bitty enjoyed tasting all the wrappers, boxes, and bows.
Famous Ford quote of the morning… “Momma, we've had John Brantley all the way til Easter!!”

 I got up FOUR hours before we left for church this morning and I was still in a tizzy trying to get knee socks to stay up, and shoes to stay tied.  I really wanted a cute picture of my kids in their Easter attire, but that’s almost the equivalent to wanting to win the power ball lottery.  We tried…
 It NEVER fails.  When I try to take a picture of the boys together Ford wants to eat John Brantley’s hands.
 Then Uncle Vance was recruited to come over for a photo shoot in the midst of my nightmare session with the boys.  I think my blood pressure was up at this point for several reasons.  One being that the first 90 (not really but close) pictures of the boys were of John Brantley sticking his tongue out or Ford eating his hands.  Secondly, Trey was 20 minutes late getting dressed for church which is not a shocker to anyone who knows Trey.  And thirdly, I look like I have on a bathing suit cover up for an outfit!!!  My first option in the clothes department was a fail because the pants were too long.  My second choice was a sun dress I got last summer after I had JB.  It was too big up top.  So I was stuck wearing my Old Navy sun dress because I had literally 5 minutes to spare before we left.  Ohh and number four… my hair has fallen out so much since I had John Brantley that all the new hairs growing back are wild and have a mind of their own.  There isn't enough hair spray to hold these puppies down.  Will someone please buy me a nice wig, I’m serious!
 We didn’t get a lot of pictures taken outside because it’s been raining in Mayberry for the last 3 days.  John Brantley couldn’t keep his arms still in the pictures.  He was doing the YMCA or something!!!
 Easters of the past…

2010
2011

2012
2013
With tomorrow starting a new month it’s time for me to start a new monthly goal of giving something up.  Let’s recap… January was fast food.  February was carbonated beverages.  And now March is dinner rolls.  I did cheat just once at my friend’s birthday luncheon.  Puddin has worked with me nicely on Sunday lunches because there hasn't been much bread around.  But don’t get me wrong, I have been tempted.  I have given my April goal much thought and I think I have it.  It’s going to be hard.  The absolute worst one yet and I am not 100% sure I can do this, but here goes…. NO CHOCOLATE!!!  Ewwwwwwwwww I said it!  It’s going to be BAD, people.  It’s like someone who has smoked for 30 years quitting cold turkey.  I don’t smoke, but I am 30 and I have been eating chocolate ALL my life and I seriously love the stuff.  I could look anorexic by the end of the month.  I don’t think anyone, even Trey, understands how much chocolate I eat!  It’s sickening!  So if you happen to see me and I look like I’m beginning to twitch or I act snappy, don’t take it personally… it’s the chocolate withdrawals.  

2 comments:

jillemersonbell said...

You are soooo brave to give up chocolate! I desperately need to give up junk food! I will never lose this last bit of baby weight if I don't get with the program! And all this Easter candy the boys are bringing home is NOT helping my cause. Love that your boys love their pjs too. I was starting to think it because of some great parenting skill I don't have. Ha! JB is getting so big!!! And of course Ford wants to eat his chubby little hands. Who doesn't?!

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

I told Nick yesterday that I'm giving up candy for the month of April! It's gotten out of hand. I'm worse than a kid.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...