Thursday, February 28, 2013

No Bread

Yes, I’m alive.  It’s been 8 days since my last post which is definitely not the norm for me.  I was going to blog last weekend, but I ran out of time, and then I went out of town.  Therefore, I will have two blogs today!

Right after I posted my blog last Wednesday morning my mom called to tell me my 86 year old grandmother had fallen in the driveway and ended up breaking her nose, scratching her face all up, and staying in the hospital overnight.  My poor mom has been through it with her parents since October when my grandfather fell.  It’s really made me appreciate my health and I dread the day when I am old and can’t do the things I can now.  I told Trey that I needed him to make a lot of money because when my health starts to fail he will need someone to take care of me.  I added in that even if I went back to work right now, being a teacher doesn't pay anything so we couldn't depend on me to make the big bucks!!!

An ordinary day!!!  I love an ordinary day when we lie around in our pajamas and play.  I’m a hermit… I admit it!

 The boys had soooo much fun squealing at one another through the door.
 On Sunday about 10 minutes before we left for church Trey asked me if I wanted to drive over to Oxford after Sunday school to see my granddaddy.  I’m Type A.  I’m a planner.  I worry about doing anything out of a normal routine.  But I looked at him and said, “Yes.”  And I also stated that I wasn't going to freak out about it.  I simply grabbed the bigger diaper bag and chunked a few extra things in it and off we went.

Meet Striker!  He is the dog that has lived at the Veteran’s Hospital in Oxford for 14 years.  
 Ford insisted on pushing granddaddy.
You can see the paparazzi through the TV taking pictures!!!   

 Ford was over the photo shoot!    
 Tomorrow starts March and that means I need a new goal for the month.   If you’ll remember I don’t do New Year’s resolutions, but I decided to do monthly resolutions.  In January I gave up fast food and I am pleased to say I have only eaten it twice in the year 2013.  In February I gave up all carbonated drinks.  I have basically lived on water and unsweetened tea.  Let’s just say that tomorrow morning I am going to down a diet coke like it’s nobody’s business.  With deep thought and consideration I am giving up bread (somewhat) in March.  Now I eat sandwiches and grilled cheeses a lot so I can’t totally throw bread out the door, but as far as dinner rolls go I’m done.  I love bread.  I love carbs.  What can I say….????....It shows!!!  So I will not consume any type of roll during the month of March.  Pray now… It’ll be rough!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...