Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Daily adventures


I will go ahead and warn my mother, Gran, in advance that I have a lot of pictures and a lot of topics to discuss.  Therefore, this will be a rather lengthy blog.  Feel free to only look at the pictures if you’d like.

Last week was Valentines.  Ford loves cinnamon rolls so that’s what we had for breakfast.  Last year on Valentines I decided I’d get crafty and make his icing red.  He didn't like that idea ONE BIT… see the second picture from 2012.

For Valentines I gave Ford 3 little motorcycles he had mentioned earlier to me that he liked at Wal-Mart.  I woke him up that morning and he said, “Awwww, that sure was sweet of you!”    
 After John Brantley took his nap we headed to Oxford to visit my granddaddy in the V.A.  He proposed to my grandmother on Valentine’s Day 61 years ago and this was the first year they didn't get to spend it together.  I decided we would go share some love with him.  I think all we did was make him a nervous wreck.  My boys acted wild and decided to get into everything.

 Fun in the tub

 I’m so ready for the weather to get warmer so we can spend some time outside.

 Last Sunday, before church, Ford was walking around the house dressed like this.  I found it to be rather comical.

 After lunch on Sunday we headed out to play at the new farm.

 John Brantley and I left after a short while due to chilly temperatures.  When Trey and Ford arrived back home he had picked me some flowers.  He was so proud of himself!!!  I love them.


I often times get “grand” ideas in my head and decide I want to “try” to be one of those cute and talented people who can make things.  I grabbed a white t-shirt from Ford’s closet and my bag of scraps and went to work.  

 I made an “F” out of construction paper, pinned it onto the brown fabric, and then cute it out.  I ironed the wrinkles out of the fabric.

 I sewed the “F” onto the stripes.


 Then I cut around the stripes and sewed it all on the shirt.  It took me about an hour.  Then I got the “fabulous” idea to make John Brantley a shirt too.  Let’s just say I had to use the seam ripper twice, my machine ran out of thread, I thought a lot of dirty words, and I am still not finished!

 It has happened.  It has started.  He has noticed.  I knew this day would come.  Ford has started talking about skin color.  He hasn't commented too much, but he said, “Hey momma… Me, you, Buddy, and Daddy all have the same skin.  It’s the same color, you know.”  Eventually he will begin asking why everyone doesn't have the same color skin.  He’s a very deep thinker and you can't get away with simple explanations with Ford.  He wants detailed answers and he will continue to question what you say. 

 Yesterday I decided to dress the boys alike.  They don’t have many matching outfits, but I love when they can wear similar things!


It was field trip day yesterday too.  I just couldn't bear the thought of staying inside all day.  I tend to create jobs for myself and it’s never-ending and exhausting.  After John Brantley’s morning nap we loaded up and headed to Chuck E Cheese.  Gran and BoomPa live nearby and they met us on our adventure.  


Ford honestly has no clue if you put a token in a machine or not.  He was just cruising on his motorcycle like this and was extremely content.    

 Even John Brantley decided he’d like in on the action.  I can see my $5.00 trips to Chuck E Cheese might be getting more expensive in the future.   

 Bustin a move….   

 Putting his tickets in the Ticket Monster Machine  

 
 Chuck E Cheese can wear a man out!!!  

 THE END!  



1 comment:

Erin said...

Great job on the shirts! Have you thought about using a zig-zag stitch to go along the edge of the fabric instead of the straight stitch? It hides mistakes better in my opinion! And it is easy!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...