Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Twitter and Tweets

I still live in the world of 1999.  I liked that era.  Not too much technology, but enough to get by comfortably.  Now there is way too much “stuff” to distract people’s time and attention from important things.  With that being said, what is Twitter?  Seriously?  I have never been on Twitter.  I don’t know how I would get on Twitter and the word “tweet” goobs me out.  Now Fancy (Trey) has a twitter account.  I almost wet my pants when he told me that.  He plays on his Ipad about 20 hours per week (not lying) and when I ask what he is doing and he will say stuff about Twitter.  Last night I asked him about a hashtag and he said until I get on Twitter he can’t explain it.  If that’s the case, I will NEVER know.  I don’t need Twitter for people to keep up with me… I have my blog and Facebook.  With that being said I think Twitter is goofy... whatever it is, and the word “tweet” is even worse!
6:30 Friday night and he just couldn’t do it anymore!
Saturday the school district that I used to teach at had its first fall carnival.  I was so excited to take Ford to play all the games and do something other than sit at home.  He LOVES to jump.

 
They had a jumpy thing, rock wall, bouncy house, bouncy slide, petting zoo, helicopter and much more.  Ford cried when we left.
 
Ford really cracks me up with what he says and does.  I take notes on my phone so that when I do blog I can remember what has happened during the week.
I had to get onto Ford and when I was finished he said, “Momma, you made my heart burn.”  Ha ha ha
He LOVES Mickey Mouse Club House and has already told me that he wants a Mickey birthday party.  Many of the shows he watches On Demand talk about Mars, Pluto, Space ships, Rockets, and Outer Space.  He has quite the imagination and talks about that stuff a lot.  The other day he grabbed my mascara and said he was flying it to Mars.  He is also known to use an empty coke bottle as a rocket or space ship as well.
Ford knows I love pink and anytime we see something pink he will say, “Look momma, it’s pink for you!”
He is such a sweet child and really strives to make other people happy.  He tells me at least 5 times a day, “I love you and you look pretty.”  I can just have rolled out of bed and have the BEST case of bed head and he still tells me that!
When it’s bedtime he tends to stall now days.  He seems to get hungry or thirsty when I say it’s time for bed.
When Ford was younger he had A LOT of ear infections, but we never met the quota to get tubes.  Now I haven’t asked a doctor this, but Dr. Momma here thinks that all those ear infections caused major sensitivity to his little ears.  We live right by the train tracks and when a train comes by he wants to watch it, but from the inside.  If we are outside he freaks.  He can’t stand a public bathroom because of the toilets flushing and the hand driers kill his ears.  Anything that might be loud makes him cover his ears and he wants to leave.
Ford LOVES John Brantley as I have said many times before.  He is constantly “in his business” (in his face) and kissing and hugging him.  The other day he came to me all upset and said John Brantley hit him!!  I tried to explain that JB doesn’t have control over his arms and hands and he really didn’t mean to!
Ford likes to color and draw.  We have dry erase boards, markers, coloring books, magna-doodles, crayons, paint etc.  For some reason Ford likes to tear the paper off of his crayons and then break them in half.  It drives me crazy!!!
My little man looked so cute today.  His blue jeans are a size 2.  He was complaining all day that they were too big and kept riding down.  I told him if he’d eat better his clothes would fit!
We went to visit Daddy.  We usually are granted about 2 minutes in his office and then we get kicked out for noise violations. 
 
The weather is finally nice enough for us to get outside and play without breaking a sweat.  It was lovely today and we took advantage of it and strolled the bumpy sidewalks of Mayberry.
 
The stroll put him right to sleep. 
 
He ALWAYS eats his hands or clothes.  When I am dressing him he will grab my shirt sleeve and try to eat it too.
I was looking for Ford earlier and he had made himself a pallet in a corner and was watching the news!!!   One must stay up to date on worldly affairs!

3 comments:

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Aw Ford looks so big boy now!! Maggie freaks out over public toilets and hand dryers as well. Anything loud she says hurts her ears. She has tubes but I've always sworn it was all the ear infections she had!!!!

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

OH! And I have never been on Twitter in my life!!! Goobs me out

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

I also have no idea what hashtag? means? I've never been on twitter either.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...