Thursday, September 27, 2012

R-I-C-E

 
Ford gets a lot of face time on the blog and poor John Brantley doesn’t.  I guess you can only take pictures from so many lying down positions with babies though.  We have been doing some serious tummy time.  I am a big rule follower when it comes to babies.  I know tummy time is important and we here at the Lamar household have some tummy time.  It’s not his favorite by any means, but it’s essential and we try to get in 15 minutes a day.  Of course it doesn’t all happen at once.  After 4-5 minutes he gets mad and starts yelling into the blanket!
 
On Monday a cold front came through and I dressed my children like a blizzard was brewing.  I think John Brantley was probably sweating in this get-up.  We were sitting outside watching Ford ride his tractor. 

 
 I don’t deviate from my schedule too much and usually follow the doctor’s orders on when to introduce new things.  However, sometimes I have to follow my own mommy instincts and do things when I think I should.  With that being said, we started rice cereal last night.  No, he is not 4 months old and won’t be until October 13th, but he was 15 weeks old yesterday and I thought it was okay.  I actually was reading through some old blogs last night and Ford had rice cereal for his first time at 14 weeks and 5 days. 
Before….


 
Apparently it wasn’t as delicious as a nice steak, but that will come with time.  And please take note of the old man comb over we have going on here.   

 
I promise it wasn’t as torturous as it might appear. 


 
Ford needed to help too.
 
He thought the bib tasted better. 



 
After… 
 
And here is Ford on his first night of rice cereal.  He didn’t have the old man comb over hairdo. 


And for the record, NO he didn’t sleep through the night.  He had rice cereal at 5:30 and I fed him at 7:00.  At 10:21 he woke up.  I fed him again and he slept until 6:46 this A.M.  I am hoping for big things tonight as well, minus the 10:21 wakeup call!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...