Monday, September 24, 2012

My Favorite Things Part 2


A few months back I did an Oprah like blog and talked about a few of my favorite things.  Well, I have a few more to share with you today.  These might not be as life changing as the arm hair bleach was, but I think they are worth sharing.
I will be the FIRST to admit I have a lot of room for improvement in the eating department.  I don’t always eat that healthy.  I like to snack.  I often find myself in the pantry just staring at the snacks thinking, “What should I eat?”  I’m not even hungry when I do it!!!!  It’s terrible.  I just happen to be in that part of the house and Ooops, I’m in there hunting around.  Well, I was at Wal-Mart on Saturday and I saw this granola.  It looked interesting and I decided to give it a try.  I’m glad I did.  Not only is it nutritious, it’s also delicious! 

 
If you are a faithful reader to the Lamar family blog then you have heard me talk about my OCD ways of life, one of which involves cleaning.  You will all be glad to know that I haven’t been cleaning much lately, I have kind of gone on strike.  Not really, but I did call for backup and she is coming on Thursday.  Yay for Jan!!!  Well, I am REALLY strange about smells.  I don’t do candles, air freshener, or many types of perfume.  With that being said, a lot of cleaners make my head hurt and it’s just downright a bad situation.  Well, my mother found this scrumptious smelling cleaner and I approve and think you will too.  It’s another Wa-lMart special.  Actually pretty much 95% of what I buy is from Wal-Mart because Mayberry doesn’t have high end shops!

Now on to the beauty supplies
My hair is like a train wreck waiting to happen.  I wear my signature ponytail 360 days a year.  I like to change it up about 5 times a year to keep everyone on their toes!!  Well, I have a lot broken and baby hairs that are hard to tame.  Now I am even fortunate enough to be going bald (not really) so I need a HEAVY DUTY kind of hair spray.  I am pleased to say that one could stand in front of 90 mph winds and feel assured that your doo won’t budge! 
 
Staying on topic with hair, I blow dry, straighten, and use hot rollers on this mane which causes some damage.  I LOVE to browse the beauty supplies in Wal-Mart and I ran across this coconut milk.  I tried it out and it was a keeper.  Now, I will advise that you not purchase this if you have oily hair.  You don’t need it.  My hair is very dry and stressed from the process it endures each morning.  And I only use two small squirts and I rub it on the ends of my hair.  My hair girl said she could tell I had been putting something on there and it looked better.  YAY!!!
 
And my personal favorite today is the nose strips!!!  Now many of you will probably think this is gross, but I find GREAT pleasure at looking at the nose strips once I pull it off my nose.  It’s such a cleansing feeling and I like looking at the results.  I’ll probably pay for this, but I have been known to clean Trey’s black heads off too!!!!

And here are some pictures that didn’t make the last two blogs....




















1 comment:

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

I will be buying the coconut milk! I trust you know since the foot lotion is the BEST Ive ever owned!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...