Saturday, September 22, 2012

To Jackson We Went

Sometimes I get a little cabin fever and feel the need to get out of town.  And that’s exactly what we did this week.  On Tuesday I picked Ford up from school and we headed to Jackson.  Gran, my mom, said she was going down to visit my grandparents and I horned in and invited myself and the boys and we went too.  To spare what sanity she has left from raising me, we stayed at Justice Puddin’s house and Gran stayed with my grandparents.  The ride down was nice.  John Brantley slept the entire way and Ford, well, Ford didn’t shut up!
Having a snack at my grandparent’s bar
All of the grandkids have LOVED sitting at Granddaddy’s desk and drawing.  We have now started a new generation of kids (great grandkids) playing at the desk!
 
Granddaddy trying to fix a truck Ford broke.  This was right before Ford flipped the walker over on his head!
 
Aunt Rose showing Ford some pictures on her Iphone.
 
No trip to Jackson would be complete without a trip to see Puddin at the Supreme Court building.  I warned Ms. Mary before she held John Brantley that he might spit up on her.  He grazed her shoulder and christened the floor real well!

 
Not many kids could get away with this in a Supreme Court Justice’s office.  Ford can!!!  His Puddin lets him get away with anything!




 
One night we met some friends at Chick fil a for supper.  The food part wasn’t too appealing to Ford.  He needed some playground action with his buddy, Ryder!

 
Ryder and Ford are about 3 months apart in age and their little brothers, John Brantley and Rhodes are 5 weeks apart. 
 
And when we make trips to Jackson they usually involve the Children’s Museum as well.  Thank goodness we got to meet some friends there too.  Ford had a great time with Reid. 











Ford thought it was fun to jump in the pack n play.  He requested that John Brantley join him.  I think John Brantley was a bit on the concerned side of things.
 
Back at Grandmother and Granddaddy’s house before we had to leave. 

 
HAPPY 86th birthday to my Grandmother!

1 comment:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

I'm so glad we got to meet yall again! Your grandmother is beautiful!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...