Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Promise Land

  Okay you can call me crazy or brave, but I decided to go to Oxford for the Ole Miss vs. Texas game.  So 100,000 people were estimated to be in the Grove this weekend and I felt like I needed to be included in that number along with my boys.  Yes, plural… my boys.  I did take my 3 month with me and surprisingly he was wonderful.  He’s not a bad baby by any means, but you have to prepare for the worst when taking such a field trip.
I put my game face on and prepared for the worst with traffic, parking, feeding John Brantley, no naps, and the crowds of people.  The traffic wasn’t bad at all and we found a parking spot right by the SAE house (which is close to our tent). 
Ford was catching up on a little pre-game gossip here….

 
What happens when you put a baby down on the ground??????  People flock to him….
 
Or smother him…

 
Puddin and John Brantley
 
And things aren’t going so well 5 seconds later…
 
My favorite part of the day was when my sister in-law, Ashley, saw “Colonel Reb” walking by.  I told her to go take a picture with him.  Well, she skipped off and got his attention and then yelled for ME to come take a picture.  I wasn’t taking one alone, that’s for sure!!!  Obviously it wasn’t Colonel Reb, but I think the old guy was a bit flattered!!!  I’m just glad we could help. 
 
Ford, Jack, Molly Cate, me, John Brantley, and Caroline
Ford stole a random wagon and had a large time attempting to pull it thru the grass.

 
Aunt Ashley talking to Ford

 
I had a good idea to carry Mr. Big Stuff through the Grove in this handy dandy carrier, but as you can see, he didn’t approve.

Instead I decided to go against my better judgment and push him through the sea of 100,000 people in a stroller.  Smart idea, right?  WRONG!!!!  There were people everywhere... . literally everywhere.  John Brantley was so tired that he slept as we crept through the crowds.  Eventually we decided to go down through the middle part of the Grove and get off the main road.  WHAT were we thinking???  Not a lot apparently.  John Brantley woke up and he was TICKED!!!  Then I decided I needed to get the heck out of there and lost Trey and Ford.  I had to pick John Brantley up because he was red faced and yelling like he had just gotten those 8 week shots all over again, and I was being stared at.  I am pleased to announce that the extra baby weight I complained about 2 blog posts ago is now GONE.  I was sweating like a Mexican trying to cross the border.  I think people felt sorry for me.  I had John Brantley on my left arm and I was pushing a stroller with my right.  They were moving out of my way.  Eventually I found Trey and we headed back to the promise land (tent). 
Ford decided he’d take advantage of the stroller since Toto was being carried. 


 
Pops and his boys
 
HOTTY TODDY!

2 comments:

Felicia said...

This post made me realize that Sarah Cullen will not be heading to the grove next fall! I was worn out reading it! Looked for y'all last night upstairs but didn't see you... Maybe next home game!

Anonymous said...

"I was sweating like a Mexican trying to cross the border." Talk about stereotyping...

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...