Sunday, August 19, 2012

Needles in the legs

I HATE shots.  I do.  When I was younger, and not much younger, if I were sick and the doctor said I could have a shot and feel better within hours or pills and it might be a day or two I opted for the pills.  I think childbirth is the thing that has toughened me up the most.  I still hate needles, don’t get me wrong, but I hate them the MOST when they are being injected into my baby’s leg.  Thursday was the big day of the 8 week checkup and shots.  I can’t do stuff like that alone so I requested a chaperone, which was Gran.  Thursday isn’t one of Ford’s school days so he also came to supervise.
The nurse that hurt my baby….
 
It wasn’t a pretty sight.  The poor little guy cried and cried.  I didn’t cry this time, but I did with Ford. 

 
Stats on John Brantley…
Weight: 12.7 pounds  (Gained almost 4 since birth.  He was 8.12)  - 50-75th percentile  (Ford was 25th)
Height: 23.75 inches (He grew 4 inches.  He was 19.75 at birth)  - 75th percentile  (Ford was always 30th)
Head circumference: 40.5 inches -  50th percentile (Ford was always 75th)

Now that he has been vaccinated I feel better about taking him out in public.  We went to church today for the first time.  He was so excited and cooed all morning about going.  I dressed him in the same outfit Ford wore on his first trip to church.  I woke up at 5:20 to get to 8:30 church on time.  (Don’t judge me… I’m just that ridiculous).  I made it thru church and at 9:45 went to check on John Brantley.  All was well and by 10:10 I was being paged (pager didn’t work) that he was MAD.  He has had some serious belly issues.  I hope it passes.




Ford’s first trip to church

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...