Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Ugly Naked Truth

I have arrived.  It has happened.  I have gained 40 pounds!!!!!  Hold your applause and don’t be jealous, because I don’t need all that attention for such a marvelous accomplishment! 
I went to the doctor yesterday and it was confirmed that I have to wait until my scheduled C-section date of June 21.  I cried.  I didn’t even tell Trey that I cried, but I did.  I didn’t even mean to cry.  When I asked my doctor if we were still waiting until June 21 to have the baby and she said yes all I could think of was, THAT IS 15 MORE DAYS.  I got tears in my eyes and when she saw them she said, “Oh honey I’m sorry” and patted my knees.  Well, that definitely made it worse.  Then Kleenexes were required.  I didn’t make a fool of myself, only a few tears streamed down my face.  She said he needed to stay in there as long as he could for maturity purposes.  I feel VERY confident that his lungs are mature and he is ready to come out.

When she was measuring my stomach he was moving all around and it was becoming distorted looking.  She even laughed and commented yet again at how big I am.  Here is a visual…. I really think you can tell how low he is in this picture….

(My skin looks like it’s going to rip.  And I know you like that sunken in spot up near my ribs…)

To add to my already raging beauty I have found new friends this week, bruises and veins on my legs.  Is this normal??  You literally have to beat me to death to make me bruise, but all of a sudden my knees look beaten.  I guess it’s all the excess weight I am putting on them when Ford and I play on the floor.  And as for the veins, I am without words.  Is that just an added bonus that I get for pregnancy round #2??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if he's ready early maybe you'll go into labor on your own :) But yes, doc is right as white male babies need to cook the longest because their lungs are slowest to develop. Hang in there!

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

Holy Cow at your stomach Jill! You'll probably lose 30 pounds by the time you leave the hospital! I'm gonna keep praying for yall:)

Meg said...

Oh I am sorry. I can only imagine waiting for the second one! We saw you at the steakhouse last night. We were upstairs. I told Scott I hoped the steak worked this time!!

Kara Paulk said...

I have a friend who wore compression socks/leggings (those for diabetic people) to keep spider veins away. They are uncomfortable but since you're already so uncomfortable at least you'd be saving yourself from veins!

Margaret said...

I hope the steak works for you again! (And not that it will make you feel any better, but--I gained 43 w/SK). Praying for y'all!

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

OMG Jill! I'm dying...you must be miserable! But I know all about big baby boys...Miller was 9 lbs! Praying he comes quick!!

heatherstockett said...

Oh, Jill! I know you are miserable...but if you makes you feel any better you are ALL STOMACH! Every time I see you post a pic, I seriously think "She looks great!" Hang in there! Your anonymous commenter is right...white male babies need to bake the longest due to lung maturity.

Love you!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...