Monday, June 11, 2012

John Brantley's Room

John Brantley’s room is almost complete.  The only thing missing is my sweet little boy.  I honestly can’t take credit for much of the room at all.  Fortunately, my mother in-law knows that I am not into decorating and she helped me with a lot of the nursery. 
This is Ford’s bed, but new bedding I ordered.  The opened door goes straight into our bedroom. 
 
He has two small closets.  I am using one for clothes he will be wearing this summer and the other is bigger stuff that people have given me.  I bought that little dress for $59.00 and Puddin (my mother in-law) painted it with with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  She is also responsible for picking out the window treatments and the cute frog floor pillow. 
 
That is the same rocker and ottoman that used to be in Ford’s room.  The pillow in the chair says John Brantley on it.  I found the little table at a consignment store in Hernando.  It was once red.  Again, Puddin painted it for me.  She also painted the cute Noah’s Arc picture hanging on the wall.  The opened door on the left goes into our guest room.  So, in order to get into John Brantley’s nursery you must either go through my bedroom or the guest bedroom. 
 
And the last angle of JB’s room and one of the most important is the diaper changing area.  This dresser was once brown, but Puddin painted it for me as well.  GO PUDDIN!!!  The lamp was a gift from a man at a local store.  I asked him to help me find a lamp shade that would match the lamp for my baby’s room and he told me it was a gift.  I was soo excited!!  On the left side there is a print title “God’s ABC’s for Life” that my great aunt gave us and we have framed.  Puddin found the cute letters and the other picture hanging on the wall.  And one of the ladies that works with Trey bought the cute door hanger. 

I think we are in pretty good shape.  I’m not a theme person so this is the room that Toto will be living in for a few years.  If you are concerned that there is nothing hanging over his bed feel free to paint him a picture and send it my way!!!  I have run out of ideas.

2 comments:

Kim Sandidge said...

Love it!!! I have been wanting to see pictures. I HATE themes.. Emerson is dying for a themed/character bedroom and I refuse!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!! And congratulations...saw his sweet picture on FB! Guess he was ready :)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...