Thursday, May 10, 2012

Construction Style

As I previously mentioned, Ford turned 3 on May 1, but we had to wait until Daddy was done with his Representative duties before we could have the party.  You know I read lots of blogs, stalk people’s pages on Facebook, and attend parties myself so I have a good idea of what all goes on at these birthday parties now a days.  However, actually throwing one yourself can be exhausting, especially when you are 33 weeks pregnant.  If I had any sense I would have done it somewhere other than my house and preferably inside at that.  But I don’t plan well, and I decided to try to pull it off myself.
Ford had a wonderful time.  We had around 20 children attend his construction birthday party.  They brought riding toys to drive around the cones in the driveway, made construction hats with name tags and stickers, played in the sandbox and wrote with sidewalk chalk all over my driveway. 
CAUTION:  PICTURE OVERLOAD……..
I loved Ford’s cake.  I found a picture of this cake on the internet and asked the lady who has made off of his cakes if she could do it.  She did and it was wonderful!!!  

 
Construction cookie party favors
I did not make these either.  The new bakery, Southern Sweets, in Mayberry made them for me. 
The presents that Lord knows he didn’t need.    





 
Construction hats

 
If you look you can see the orange Home Depot vests hanging on the fence that were also party favors. 




 
Ford hugging his 9 year old girlfriend, Anna Katherine

After all of his friends left we opened up the new slip-n-slide from his great Grandparents, Grandmother and Granddaddy, and he had a big time with his cousins. 


Caroline (4 yrs old), Jack (1 yr old), Molly Cate (5 yrs old …6 in June), and Ford (the big 3!)

Happy Birthday to the spunkiest little man I know!!!!!! 

1 comment:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

That was such a cute idea for a party! It's looking like Reid's playground party is going to turn into a house party:( 90% chance of rain! Oh well!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...