Monday, May 7, 2012

I don't want a forehead

I am a little behind on blogging for me.  I can think of like 4 different posts I need to be writing, but I only have so much energy.  Last Tuesday was Ford’s third birthday.  Unfortunately, Trey wasn’t here to celebrate because that was his last week in Jackson so we had to wait to have his party until Daddy got home.  On his actual birthday I did send some treats to school for him to enjoy with his friends.

 
Ford picked out Capri Suns, popsicles, Ruffles –Cheddar and Sour Cream chips, and iced cookies.  Oh and I mustn’t forget the Thomas the Train napkins and plates. 



 
Mayberry has limited dining experiences; therefore, we eat a lot of Mexican.  Ford thinks Rio Lindo is food at its finest and begs to go weekly.  Gran and BoomPa drove down to eat supper with us and Pops joined in as well.  After we ate Ford was ready to go, but I had other ideas in mind.  I asked the waiter if he would come and sing to Ford.  I knew it wouldn’t go over well, but I wanted to go through with it anyway.  Ford was a nervous wreck the entire time they were serenading him, and I believe he even wanted to cry.  He wanted no part of that sombrero either. 

Last week another student’s dad brought his tractor to school.  When I found out about this I knew I needed some pictures of the occasion.  His teachers said he was equally as excited about the 18-wheeler that brought the tractor as he was the tractor itself. 


 
Ford and his teacher, Mrs. Linda
 
Ford and his teacher, Mrs. Jennifer
 
Four months and 120 days later Trey is home from Jackson.  When Trey first mentioned running for State Representative I never imagined that when he was gone I would be here in Mayberry pregnant with a 2.5 year old.  Ford and I did fine and we made it through our time here alone.  It was very difficult at times when he would cry for his Daddy and he just didn’t understand why he wasn’t here or when he would be home.  We were fortunate that we saw Trey every weekend and were even able to make a few trips down to Jackson ourselves.  I asked Trey if he was glad he had decided to run and if he’d do it all over again.  His response was, it was different than I thought it would be, but the Lord had me there for a reason, and I hope he used me well.
While he was gone I did have to get some outside help.  I leave home for work at 6:45 in the mornings and Ford can’t go to school until 7:30.  That posed a small problem for me.  We found a high school girl who was willing to come to my house at 6:45 in the mornings, get Ford ready, and take him to school.  She was really a life saver.  I don’t think I would have been that disciplined as a junior.  We love Miss Jodie!!!

Some things Ford said today…..
I have no alone time.  There is no such thing as privacy in this house either.  Ford followed me into the bathroom and said:
Ford: “Momma, when you ride the 4-wheeler do your panties shake?”  (I was without words!!!)
Ford:  “Momma, don’t go tee tee.”  Me:  “Why?”  Ford: “Because I am tired of you going tee tee.”  (Lord help me I am too.  I got up SIX times last night).
Tonight while lying in the bed Ford says…
Ford: “Momma, I don’t want a forehead.”  Me:  “I’m sorry, buddy.  All people have foreheads.”  Ford: “Can you go see if Delta has a forehead too?”
Me:  “Goodnight Ford I have to go do something on the computer.”  Ford: “No, momma.  The computer makes me nervous.”  Me:  (lying) “Okay, then I am going to take a shower.”

1 comment:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

Um, he is hysterical. I love hearing about the things he says!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...