Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sweet Moments

I put Ford to bed every night, and during that time we spend some sweet moments talking.  Tonight after we finished reading our Bible story I told Ford he needed to thank God for his friends, family, toys, house, food, etc.  He looked at me and said, “Momma, I don’t want to go to Heaven.”  He knows that when you go to Heaven you don’t come back to Earth.  His innocence in the conversation was so sweet.  I explained that he wasn’t going to Heaven right now, but one day he did want to go live with God in Heaven.  I told him no one was ever sad in Heaven and people are always happy.  He asked me if they had tractors in Heaven.  I told him God had all kinds of tractors and toys that he would like.  After a few minutes he agreed that one day when he was big he would like to go to Heaven. 
I had my baby shower at school yesterday.  I work with some really sweet people who go out of their way to make things special for others.  One of the teachers approached me about having a baby shower and I told her I would love to have one.  She asked me what I needed and I said not too much.  We agreed on consumable things such as diapers, wipes, baby wash etc.  Little Toto definitely racked up on goods from my shower.
 
My mom was able to attend and she brought Ford.  He was so excited to help open gifts.  He was the most excited about the new set of baby monitors!  Ford even got to open a present of his very own.  Can you guess what they got him?  A tractor!
 
Sorry, Amy… I had to put this on here!







 
It’s hard to bend when your midsection has increased dramatically in size!!! 
 
One thing I definitely learned from the shower pictures is that I desperately need to get my hair highlighted!!! 
 
The last two days at school Ford has participated in the St. Jude trike-a-thon.  Tuesday afternoon I had to sneak his bike to school before I woke him up from his nap so he wouldn’t have a meltdown that it wasn’t at home.  He got to ride on Wednesday and today.  I sent my camera today so his teacher could document the occasion. 
 
He insisted on bringing his helmet today since someone else had taken theirs yesterday. 
 
Ford shares other’s toys very well.  He wouldn’t dare let anyone ride on his Huffy bike though.  We have discussed sharing and it’s a sore subject around here!!! 


I get some kind of funny story from his teachers just about every day.  Today a little boy in his class came to school calling everyone a “punk”.  This little guy has two older brothers who teach him all kinds of stuff that he feels the need to come to school and share.  Well, he kept calling the other kids “punks” and the teachers had to get onto him.  They explained that it was an ugly word and he couldn’t say it.  Well, Ford is a big time rule follower and knew that if he said “punk” he would be punished as well.  His teacher said he thought for a few minutes and finally said, “Mrs. Jennifer, can I call everyone a pump tire?”  All she could do was laugh.  She said he could.  So the rest of the day Ford called people a “pump tire”. 

Every night before Ford takes a bath he uses the “big boy” potty and is rewarded with a blue and green Sweet Tart.  Then I get his bath tub water gun and chase him around the house squirting him.  It’s great fun had by all!!!!!

I go to the baby doctor tomorrow.  I can’t wait to see what weight class I am in this week.  I was in the hefty class two weeks ago!!!

2 comments:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

That is hilarious about the "pump tire", & I really do think you look great!

heatherstockett said...

I agree with with Lauren...I think you look great, too! Love the squirt gun pic!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...