Friday, April 20, 2012

Celebrity or Freak Show

Today I went to the doctor for my checkup.  The doctor came in and said that I had grown and got out her tape measure and began to measure my stomach.  She continued to stretch that little deal out and then checked her notes and said I should be 30 weeks and 5 days, but I was measuring bigger.  She looked concerned.  I told her I had gained 31 pounds, thinking I would be scolded for being in the heavy weight class, but she didn’t seemed bothered by the fact that I now round to 200 pounds.  She said that you get bigger with your second baby.  She decided I needed an ultra sound to check on the size of Toto and to see if I was retaining fluid. 
I was told to wait for about 30-45 for the ultra sound technician to finish up with her other appointments.  At that point I was not nervous at all.  I was more ticked that I had to wait there longer than expected.  I called Trey and my mom and gave them an update and then took pictures of random people in the waiting room on my phone and e-mailed them to deserving people.  Have I mentioned I LOVE my camera on my phone!!!
Well, the lady called me back and said that all looked fine with me and that Toto looked good too.  He is measuring in the 73rd percentile, is 4 ½ pounds already and she said according to the measurements I am 10 days ahead of schedule.  So since my due date was June 24 the ultra sound today puts me at June 14.  I still don’t think I will make it that long. 
When I go out in public people stare at me.  I am pregnant, but you would think I was a celebrity or a freak show.  Today I purposefully watched the people looking at me when I went into the restaurant at lunch and in various stores out shopping.  I like when people feel led to comment on my size and the fact that I am carrying this baby so low.  Some of the things people will say is really amazing considering they don’t know me.
But the best part of the day was seeing this little man………



1 comment:

Laurie said...

I want to know the things the strangers are saying to you when the comment! Today I saw a really cute girl that I could tell was really far along {I actually overheard her say she only had 2 weeks left}. When I first saw her I had a strong urge to comment to her that she looked so cute-she was dressed really cute-all black knee-length dress with gold-ish Tom wedges, but I didn't! I can't decided if I would appreciate strangers commenting on my pregnant self when that time comes..or would just rather them not!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...