Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Tracks

Ford is a busy little man.  He requires much attention and I am constantly racking my brain trying to think of things we can get into.  One of my latest ideas was to put pennies on the train tracks.  I remember those machines from when I was little where you inserted $0.50 into the machine plus a penny and it would flatten your penny for you.  Well, I decided we would “attempt” our own flattening project right across the street on the tracks. 
Yes, his boots are on the wrong feet.  That’s the way he likes it! 

 
We put 8 pennies on the tracks.  When we went back later that afternoon 3 had disappeared, 4 were on the rocks and 1 remained on the tracks.  They didn’t get very flat.  I might need to stick them on with tape next time.
 
Lunch with Daddy at Penny’s Pantry
 
We have seriously been practicing our t-ball skills.  Ford has mastered hitting the tee across the yard.  We tell him to concentrate on the white (the ball).  He gets so frustrated when he hits the tee.  If he hits the ball real far he expects you to say, “HOMERUN”!!!! 
 
This child could literally play in the dirt for HOURS.    
 
Trey killed a turkey this weekend.  Ford was very interested in this new development and stayed outside while Trey cleaned the bird.  We ate some fried turkey last night and it was delicious!! 
 
We went to the lake this weekend with Puddin and Pops.  I was afraid that this might be my only chance to go this summer so I jumped at the opportunity. 

 
Shameless! 

 
Yesterday we had the All A’s honors breakfast at school.  I teach at the middle school which houses over 600 children grades 3-6.  Of the students in these grades 14 have maintained all A’s this school year.  You are probably thinking 14 is not very many students for such a large school, well it’s not.  We have really upped the rigor this year.  Of those kiddos two were in my class.
Eli and Mrs. Lamar 
 
Lucy and Ruth with Mrs. Lamar.  Lucy was in my class in third grade and now she is in 6th.  Her little sister, Ruth, now has the pleasure of being one of my babies.  (My stomach looks deformed.  I promise it normally doesn’t look lumpy like this.)
 
Ford’s teacher sent me this picture of the little man from school yesterday.  Apparently they were painting and he annoyed Ms. Jennifer to paint his nose.  Well, she gave him more than he bargained for and completely transformed him into Hulk.  He is very pleased! 
 
And last night as Trey was preparing to cook his turkey Ford sat so sweetly beside him and read Big Red Barn to him!  I later told Trey it was amazing what kind of memory that child has.  He remembered most of what each page said. 

I have my baby shower tomorrow at school.  I am so excited about it!!!!!!!    

2 comments:

About Us said...

Those train tracks were my favorite growing up!

heatherstockett said...

Ford is so precious! I love the face paint :) And what a sweet pic of him and his daddy!

Your belly is SO cute!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...