Thursday, April 26, 2012

Princess Parties and Fordisms

Last weekend we went to Cousin Caroline’s 4th birthday party.  Ford was in the minority being that he was the only boy on the invite list.  I asked him several times if he wanted to dress up like a princess and he would holler, “I’m a boy!”  I do love that child!  In true Ford fashion he decided to go with the jeans and boots look.
Kisses on the cheek from Aunt Ashley

Ashley stresses me out with her birthday party planning skills.  When I was a kid we all jumped in the swimming pool and ate cake.  If balloons were involved the birthday party was big time.  Now a days birthday parties are much more elaborate.  My sister in law, Ashley, is so creative that I could stay up for several weeks straight and not come up with all she does.  She is a former teacher and this party definitely had that teachery feel. 

Here Ford is making his picture frame.  She bought him a special one and his own foam stickers so he wouldn’t have to have a pink heart and princess stickers next to his bed!  He is very proud of his finished product might I add. 



The birthday girl and her parents




Now Ashley didn’t discriminate against the fact that I am pregnant and extremely large, she still asked me if I wanted to be a princess.  I am not sure that I could have squeezed into any of those outfits!

Uncle Ken showing Ford how to fly 

Ford LOVES the dirt!!!  I really can’t explain his extreme obsession enough, but its big time.  Anyway, on Sunday after his nap we took him to play in the dirt with a friend.  He had a large time. 


I come up with ideas a lot of times.  Most of the time they end up being disastrous, but at least I tried.  Well, in saying, Ford will be turning 3 next week and we are having him a construction birthday party next weekend.  I decided after searching the internet, that I would make him an outfit.  NOT my brightest move yet.  I bought some fabric here in town at Cotton Treasures and went to Puddin for help.  If you will remember Puddin and Pops gave me a sewing machine for Christmas.  Well, it’s still at their house.  It’s one of those things that I don’t feel comfortable doing alone just yet.  And to be completely honest I hate to read directions and sewing patterns.  So, Puddin and I went to work making Ford some shorts from this material….

She would tell me what to do and I would sew.  After a while we thought we were nearing the end.  WRONG!  I had sewn the pants wrong and they were deformed.  I had to take the seam ripper and undo all my hard work and start over.  And I will have you know that SOMEHOW I completely messed the pants up AGAIN!  I got frustrated, as did Puddin, and I left.  Puddin is a smart lady and realized that we didn’t turn the material inside out on step 3.  She finished the pants.  I can’t take credit for the finished product, but I sure did try for TWO hours!!!  Pictures to come next weekend. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Funny things Ford has said lately…
Ford and I were discussing the arrival of John Brantley one day.  He said, “Momma, I will hold Toto like this.” And he demonstrated how he would hold his brother.  Then he said, “Momma, when we go to the beach I won’t throw sand in Toto’s eyes.”  That sure is sweet of him!!!
Ford tends to ask “Why” about 200 times a day.  He definitely abuses the word and it literally drives Trey and me insane.  The other night Ford said something and I asked “Why?”  He repeated and I asked why again.  After the third time of me asking why he said, “If you say that one more time I will put you in time out!”
Tonight as Ford and I were lying in bed winding down from the day he said, “Momma, I will give you a kiss, and don’t you wipe my kisses off either.”  Sooo sweet!
“Momma, I’m so proud of you for tee teeing in the potty like a big girl.”
Ford: Momma, can I call my Daddy, Butt Daddy?”  Me: “No, Ford.  That is not nice and we don’t say stuff like that.”
Ford: “Can I say shut up?”  Me:  “No, Ford.”  Ford:  “What about dang it?”  Me:  No, and if you don’t quit saying stuff you know you aren’t supposed to I will spank you.”

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...