Monday, April 30, 2012

Double Decker

I love to rest and be at home, but when I am at home I don’t tend to rest a lot.  Therefore, I am constantly on the go.  This weekend Ford and I went to Oxford to Double Decker.  Trey missed the fun since he had to stay in Jackson and work.  We met my parents and the cousins at the festival. 
This was our best attempt at taking a picture. 
We ventured around the square about 1 ½ times before it was off to kiddie land.  Ford loves a bouncy house.  This ride down ended in tears.  I think Caroline crashed into him. 

 
I seriously can’t believe he let someone paint his face.  Naturally, he got tractors on both cheeks. 
Double Decker wore him out.  He fell asleep right before we got home.  I think he slept a total of 12 minutes.  I knew it was not a good sign that he went to sleep in the car. 
When we got home I put him in bed and I decided I needed some “Suzanne time”.  Suzanne time would be some alone time by yourself to do whatever you want to do.  My mom’s name is Suzanne and when I was younger and lived at home she was often wanting us all to leave her alone for some “Suzanne time”.  So I put him in bed and off I went into the back yard to get a tan.  Yep, I put on a bathing suit and fried my belly.  I had been out there about 20 minutes when I heard Ford saying, “Momma, where is you?”  I went inside to find out why he was out of bed and he replied with, “I’m not taking no nap.”  Well, I wasn’t arguing because I only had so much time to soak up the rays so I gave him the hose and made him water the trees Trey planted.  He later played in his pool and attempted to flood my back yard. 
 
With a growing family there are changes that need to be made.  One of which was for us to get a bigger car.  I am at the point in this pregnancy where I just don’t care about much and would rather give others my tasks to complete.  In saying, I told Trey it was his job to find us a new car.  Regardless of what kind of research I would have done he would have done his own as well, so it made no sense for me to waste my time.  Last night we said goodbye to my Honda.  I was kind of sad because we bought her when I was about 12 weeks pregnant with Ford.  That was such a good car, and now we have upgraded to an SUV.
 
Trey called Saturday night at 7:00 and said he was coming home and had bought a car.  I was under the impression that we were to talk about major purchases before we actually acted on them.  Well, apparently we don’t do that because he came home in this new ride and said, Happy Early 30th birthday! 

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...