Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My 3 Valentines

So I sat down to write this blog about the three Valentines cupid has brought into my life and I decided I was cold.  No, it’s nothing new for me to be cold, but fixing the heat was a must before my little brain could blog at full speed.  When I got to the thermostat I noticed I had it on 70, but my house was 60.  That = a problem.  I called my friend from school whose husband is a heating and air man and he instructed us how to fix my problem.  Needless to say I have heat and a pie in the oven for him keeping me warm. 
I think I have said before that Ford loves cinnamon rolls.  Nothing fancy, just the ones that come 5 to a can with the white icing.  This morning I decided my middle Valentine needed some cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  After I woke him up I asked if he wanted to have red icing on them and he agreed that it was a good idea.  I got out the red food coloring and mixed it in the icing.  I should have known it would be a bad idea.  Ford lost his mind.  He started crying these huge crocodile tears, his nose was running, and he was demanding that I make that icing white again.  Being two, reasoning isn’t one of his strong areas.  I told him I could make him some white icing and that I did.  I got out the powdered sugar and got busy.  Well, naturally mine didn’t look right and he was pissed, for lack of a better word.  He had cheese and crackers for breakfast instead. 
The last two days at school Ford has had a Valentine’s party.  Fortunately for him, he goes to school 5 days a week and was able to benefit from two parties unlike the kids who only go part time to school.  I, on the other hand, didn’t benefit so well from the extreme sugar high my middle Valentine was rushing on.  This was day #2 with no nap.  At our house no nap = a ridiculously early bedtime.   Last night he was asleep at 6:30 and tonight it was before 7:00. 





Trey has been my first Valentine now since 2003.  We weren’t “officially dating” yet on Valentine’s Day 9 years ago, but I did receive a card and some flowers at the Tri Delt house at Ole Miss.  The outside of the card said “Jill”.  Being that I was the only Jill in DDD I knew they were for me.  I still have the card he sent me and found it tonight in a scrapbook….


I thought that was so sweet.  I didn’t get flowers this year because Trey knows me well enough that I would prefer something else.  He did me right with a gift card to get a pedicure.  I desperately need to get these toes painted being that I can hardly bend down touch them, much less meticulously paint the things.  I will enjoy that.  Thank you my first Valentine.  Thank you to my middle Valentine, Ford, for being so sweet today and telling me I was your Valentine, and to my littlest Valentine, Toto, for kicking me for the last hour to let me know you care.  I love all my Valentines!!!!!!

1 comment:

heatherstockett said...

Bless Ford's sweet heart. I would have that same expression if I had to eat cheese and crackers instead of cinnamon rolls ;)

Happy Valentine's day! Hope you're feeling well!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...