Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A New Fetish

Last weekend I decided to make the dinner plans.  This is very out of my character.  Normally I just go with whatever Trey wants to do for supper.  I even thought outside of the box on where we would eat.  I don’t eat sushi.  Trey loves it.  We ended up at a Japanese restaurant with a hibachi grill.  I was really excited to take Ford since he had never been a part of “the performance”. 
Puddin and Pops came to join, but not eat. 
Ohhhh, when they lit the grill on fire at our table it scared Ford to death.    
 
He soon got over it and was laughing at clapping at the cook.  He told me, “I go back there one time, momma”.    
 
We were in Jackson some this week.  On Monday night Trey and I went to Delbert Hoseman’s, the secretary of state, house.  I got to meet some of Trey’s new buddies.  On Tuesday we had planned to go to the governor’s inauguration, but due to the weather they moved it inside.  I wasn’t about to take Ford Lamar inside to such a big event.  Besides, we have almost watched all the 4-wheelers mud riding on You Tube and I wasn’t prepared to deal with an outburst.  He and I opted for the Children’s Museum which is much more his speed anyway. 

 
The outfit he has on is another made by Cassady Street.    



 
Tuesday night was the governor’s inaugural ball at the convention center.  I was a little worried about attending such, since events like this don’t float my pregnant boat too much.  You can’t really see my bump in this picture because it’s two black outfits against each other, but I was definitely poking out.  The slender look is thanks to the pregnant SPANX I was sporting!!!!!!  Ahhhhh it was worth every bit of the $38.00 I spent on them!!!!!!    
 
I told Trey when we got there that I felt a little under dressed.  Some of these women were reliving all their prom fantasies from years ago.  I hated I didn’t get out my old threads! 
I have decided since talking to some people that a lot of y’all have a false preconceived notion of me.  I am not one who enjoys getting all fancied up and going to these political functions, although I better get used to it.  I would much rather be at home in my pajama pants and a big t-shirt.  I think I have become a bit antisocial in my older age!   
Ford has several fetishes.  Tractors are his major love.  He has discovered a new one today.  Bras!!!  I was straightening up the house and I heard Ford come running out of the guest room squealing with delight screaming “What’s them momma?”  When I realized what he was holding I couldn’t help but burst out laughing.  He had a pair of stick on bras.  I am not even sure if that is the right terminology for the things.  I am pretty sure I haven’t worn them in many years, but he managed to find them under the guest bed.  Then he played with them all afternoon!

After supper he picked up this picture and started laughing.  He said, “Momma, does Ford have on a bra?”  Where does he come up with this stuff?
I am excited Monday is MLK/Robert E. Lee holiday.  I need a break from all the paperwork we have to do at school.  Speaking of, I am off to do some now

2 comments:

heatherstockett said...

I think you and I would get along great. I love my pjs :)

LOVE Ford with the bra! Jackson has had similar questions. He's at the point now where he asks about what goes inside them, and why he doesn't have "big ones" like mommy ;)

Hope you're feeling better! Post some anti-Spanx belly pics!

Brittany said...

Crack me up with the stick ons. I ought to pull mine out and give Ryder something to laugh about!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...