Saturday, January 14, 2012

How Pregnancy Has Changed My Life: Part 2

About two months ago I sat down and started writing a list of things.  The list was ALL about how pregnancy had changed my life.  This was during the weeks that I honestly thought I might die.  I saved my list and went back and read it.  It’s a good thing I didn’t post it because many of you might have driven to Mayberry to check on me.  I was very negative and it sounded like I hated my life.  I did hate the way I felt but fortunately that sickness has gone away.  I edited my list and came up with….
How Pregnancy Has Changed My Life
1. I started wearing maternity pants at 7 weeks pregnant.
2.  I can truly say I know what indigestion feels like.
3.  I carry an entire thing of Tums in my purse every day.
4.  It only took me 6 weeks to realize prenatal vitamins made me sick this go round.
5.  I have shortness of breath.
6.  My drive to do pretty much anything after dark is gone.
7.  I don’t cook and rarely clean.
8.  I get up 2 to 4 times a night to use the bathroom.
9.  I am very sensitive to smells. 
10.  I have headaches more often.
11.  I am always thirsty.
12.  I wear things to school that were out of style 5 years ago and I don’t care.
13.  Bending over now is uncomfortable.
14.  Walking up stairs makes me feel like I have run a half marathon.
15.  I am hungry all the time.  I am afraid I may gain 50 pounds.
16.  Trey thinks I am very moody.
17.  Being pregnant is the biggest motivator for wanting to be cute and skinny.
18.  My belly button is changing shape. 
19.  There were weeks when I felt like a drug addict with my Zofran and Phenergan. 
20.  Pregnancy doesn’t consume my thoughts this time.  I never read baby books.
21.  I am content with being pregnant.  Last time I wanted to speed the process up.  I know I won’t be getting much sleep when Toto comes.
22.  I have felt worse this round.  I am more uncomfortable and I have 23 weeks to go. 
This is a picture of me this morning, no Spanx were added.  Notice the water spots on the mirror.  Refer to #7 on the list!

We find out the sex of the baby on the 23rd.  Please vote at the top of the page. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you look cute as can be!!

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

You really are adorable!

heatherstockett said...

You look adorable! I hope you get some pep in your step soon :)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...