Thursday, December 29, 2011

The museum and year-end stats

In all seriousness, and I am not just saying this, but my house looks like robbers came in and ransacked the place.  It’s a mess.  It’s such a wreck from Christmas that I don’t even know where to start.  Instead of cleaning this disaster zone like a good wife would do I am sitting here blogging about Lamar family nonsense. 
Ford has been asking for a while to go back to the Children’s Museum.  I discussed the matter with my sister in-law, Ashley, and we set a date.  The day was today.  It was a fun time.  See below….   
We sat in the car and waited on the cousins to arrive for a while.  When Ford was finally released he had to run some laps.     


 
Beanbag toss
 
Riding in the black Cadillac Escalade.  This is what I want Trey to buy me but in an adult size, please. 








 
The grocery store was tons of fun.  However Ford doesn’t always follow the rules.  You are only supposed to put 3 items in your buggy at a time.    

 
When we asked him to take a picture he decided to get rough and tough like any good boy would do and ram his buggy into Caroline’s. 






 
We ended our trip with lunch at Chick-fil-a then home for a nap.    


It’s hard to believe that 2011 is coming to an end.  Here are some year-end stats on the little man.
He weighs 29 pounds, wears a size 6.5 to 7 shoe, and anywhere from 18 months to 2T clothes.
He wears a size 4 diaper during the day and size 5 at night.  He still isn’t interested in potty training.
He loves meat but won’t have anything to do with fruit.  We have to feed him apple sauces to get credit for that part of the food guide pyramid.  Some of his favorite things to eat are: chicken tenders, French fries, mac-n-cheese, greenbeans, nuts, goldfish, pretzels, cheese, chips, hamburgers, etc.
He hates loud noises.  I can make him behave a lot of times by saying I will call the firemen to come with loud noises if he doesn’t act right (mother of the year, I know).
He is OBSESSED with tractors and all farm equipment.  He also loves, trains, 4-wheelers, trucks, flashlights, painting, coloring, watching Bob the Builder, and looking at tractors on you tube.
He still has a pacifier which he calls a paci.  I baby him probably more than I should, but I tell Trey all the time you only get to be a child for a short time and you get to be an adult for a long time.  I hold him a lot which is probably why my back has felt so fabulous lately.
He loves to get Trey’s stool out of his closet and carry it around the house and crawl on stuff, turn the lights on etc.
He prefers to wear his rain boots with most of his attire.  I usually have to tell him stuff doesn’t match to make him wear something else.
He calls cowboy boots “tennaboots”…  a nice mixture between tennis shoes and boots.
He knows how to spell his name, F-O-R-D.  He also knows his “other name” Jefferson Hannaford Lamar.
He knows when his birthday is, what he address is, what town he lives in, what everyone’s first name is (mine, Trey’s Puddin, Pops, Gran, BoomPa etc).
He knows all of his colors.  He can count to 20 if he concentrates.  He can say most of the alphabet. 
He knows I am a teacher and daddy is a lawyer.
Ford is still convinced that I am having a girl and the baby will be called Toto.
He loves to cuddle and kiss.  It melts my heart when he randomly tells me “I love ew momma”. 
When he watches a movie on the couch he requests that I come and “cuddle bug” with him.
He has an amazing memory and will bring up things that happened months ago to discuss.
He can remember people’s names so well.  I think he might be a politician if the tractor obsession wears off.
He says his girlfriend’s name is Allyx.  She is a cute little girl at his baby sitter’s house.
I still wash all of his stuff in Dreft because it reminds me of him being a baby.  Plus he has sensitive skin so I don’t want to chance anything. 
Ford is a cautious child when you present him with something new.  He likes to watch others do something before he dives into it. 
He is my baby and promises he will always be even when he is a big boy like daddy.  I call him “Wooga”. 

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...