Monday, December 26, 2011

Jesus' Birthday

We really had a wonderful Christmas.  I will go as far as to say this was my favorite one yet.  I tried my best not to plan too much (that is extremely hard considering my personality) and enjoy the special time with my family.  It was great.
On Christmas Eve we went to my parents’ house for breakfast and presents.  The kids were having a hard time eating their food while all the presents stared them in the face.  We got a few bites down them before they ripped into all their goods. 




 
We stopped for a while to check the computer to locate Santa.  At that point he was in Nepal.
 
Santa Clause found Mayberry and left Ford all kinds of goodies.  Ford was not interested in the practical gifts like the sleeping bag, stool, or book bag.  Who would be when tractors are involved!!!!!???!!!!


 
We must work on how one is to lie in a sleeping bag.  It’s definitely not head first. 
 
We had the whole crew at our house before 7:00 A.M.  Gran and BoomPa spent the night and Puddin, Pops, and Uncle Vance headed over about 6:45.  Ford was up before that time and it was killing him not to get down and play.  We had to quarantine him in the kitchen until they arrived.    

 
I got some new boots!  They look fantastic with my pajamas!      
Trey also got boots and Ford found some boots wrapped under the tree.  We are all set now!      
 
Santa brought Ford some Eric Carle books with cds.  I was so excited that we could read the book along with the cd.  He wasn’t interested… again, tractors are much cooler than books.        

 
After church we headed to Puddin and Pop’s house for some more festivities.  Ford got a tent at their house.  It was a big hit and everyone had to get inside!          


 
And last, but not least, we had Christmas at Bobba’s house, Trey’s grandmother. 
 
I “thought” I sent out the memo to the family that I didn’t want them to give Ford any toys.  Apparently no one listens to me because they all brought him presents.  He thoroughly enjoyed himself since he was the center of attention.    


 
Ford had a wonderful Christmas.  It was so special because he understood that yesterday was a big day and told me several times it was Jesus’ birthday.  He is ready for Santa to come back, but our house can’t hold anymore toys.  For his birthday the invite will say “NO gifts please.”  My house is borderline ridiculous.
Oh and I have joined 2011 and gotten an IPhone.  If you would like to see top quality videos of Ford and me singing “Bob the Builder” just let me know and I will send it your way.  I must prepare you that we are full of talent and you will be amazed.
I hope your family had a wonderful Christmas holiday. 

1 comment:

jillemersonbell said...

He is so stinkin cute, Jill. Looks like y'all had a blast of a holiday :) Hope you are feeling great these days with your pregnancy!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...