Tuesday, November 22, 2011

He didn't move

On Saturday morning after Ford got up he followed me into the bathroom and climbed up on the toilet to watch me put in my contacts.  The next thing I knew he had thrown up a little bit of milk.  I decided it was drainage and we went about our morning.  About thirty minutes later he completely unloaded in front of the frig.  I knew at this point it wasn’t drainage.  I used almost an entire roll of paper towels cleaning it up… all the while Ford is telling me how proud he is of me for cleaning it up.  We made it through the day without any more sickness until about midnight.  We literally almost ran out of sheets and pillows.
 Sunday the same routine happened again… sick twice in the AM then not until that night.  Monday when Ford woke up he threw up again this time accompanied with diarrhea.  I had an appointment and ultra sound and told Trey that he needed to take Ford to the doctor and just to let me go to mine alone.  We decided since the weather was bad we would all drive to Memphis together.  Ford literally didn’t utter a word the entire ride.  When we got there he was limp.  I quickly told the ladies up front I had a sick baby and to please get me back asap.
We were called back for my ultra sound within minutes.  I was so excited to see baby Toto and hear that he/she was healthy.  It was amazing that my 9 week old little one was moving around.  We got a picture, but I will spare you because Toto looks exactly like a peanut with one little arm sticking out.  We saw the doctor and left.
We called Ford’s pediatrician and they told us we couldn’t have an appointment until the afternoon.  By this point Trey and I were both worried because Ford started throwing up in the car.  We opted for Methodist Lebonheur’s ER.  They were great. 
We were called back right away.  All the rooms were full so they put Ford on a bed in the hall.  His cuteness was drawing lots of attention.  He fell asleep on the bed.  Then it was time for the IV.  We prepared all the nurses that it wasn’t going to be pretty.  They tied a thick orange rubber band around his arm to locate a vein.  Nothing.  They thumped his arm and tried to find a vein in his other arm.  Nothing.  Eventually after 30 minutes, five nurses and 2 sticks they found a vein and were able to draw some blood.  Ford never moved.  He never cried.  Oh, but I did!  I had to walk away.  His little body was so dehydrated the veins weren’t showing.  They finally got us into a room and I got to ride in the bed with him.  Within a few minutes he started to move and act like he was coming around.  We stayed there for 3.5 hours and were released. 
He has thrown up again today, but only once.  I hope this is the end of the terrible stomach bug.





Puddin has supplied us with food along with our Sunday school teachers.  Lucy and her mom brought Ford some cute pajamas and me some crazy socks.  Thanks everyone for taking care of us.  Hopefully next time I post Ford will be back to his spunky little self. 

3 comments:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

Oh Jill, how scary! I would have been crying too! I hope this is the end of it.

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Poor little man!! Hope that virus stays farrrr away from Hattiesburg!

The Dimino's said...

bless his heart!! I know that was hard on all of ya'll!! Don't you just hate it when your little ones are sick!?!? Hope he is feeling better!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...