Tuesday, August 23, 2011

He did it for Pops

I have been contemplating how to write this e-mail for about two weeks now.  When your family receives less than favorable news it can be very upsetting at first.  What am I talking about?  Well, several weeks ago Pops (Trey’s dad) was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
This was a complete shock to our family since he wasn’t feeling bad and is in very good health.  Now I only know what I have been told by my family (I am not an internet researcher) and many aspects of this form of cancer aren’t great.  However, we are all remaining positive and praying that the chemo puts his cancer into remission.  Pops is a fighter and one of the strongest men I know.  I have faith that God will do his will and heal Mr. Johnny so that he can be around to ride Ford on his tractor for many more years to come.
The chemo will supposedly make your hair fall out.  Pops has a fine head of hair and wasn’t looking forward to losing it.  My husband wanted to show his dad that going bald (or almost) isn’t so bad.  Two weeks ago Trey shaved his head for his dad.


Mr. Johnny we love you with all of our hearts.  You are a fighter and this caner won’t win.  Lots of prayers are going up for you each and every day.  Stay strong and trust in the Lord. 

3 comments:

heatherstockett said...

So sorry! What a sweet thing for Trey to do! I'll be praying for Pops.

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

That was a really neat thing Trey did. I will put Pops in my prayers.

The only advice I have is maybe put him back in his baby bed? Maybe he's not quite ready. You know better than anyone else, but you are right, you can't keep getting that little of sleep!

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

I love that Trey did that. How sweet. Prayers will definitely be sent up for your family!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...