Sunday, August 14, 2011

School and the fair

Well, Mr. Ford started preschool last week.  No, I didn’t cry, it didn’t even cross my mind to cry.  He was so excited about going and all of his new accessories (especially his nap mat) that I was just too happy for him to cry.  He doesn’t start school until after I have to be at work so I got to go in a few minutes late.  It was important for me to document the occasion so I could blog about it you know!

Before leaving for school….



 
I might be biased, but I think he is the cutest kid I have ever seen with a backpack!!

 
At meet the teacher it became very evident to Ford that the room was lacking in the tractor department so we donated one of our 16 to the cause…

 
There is nothing like a little brownie batter and raw egg to make a body feel good…. 
 
Last night we went to the Tate County Fair.  I had never been before and told Trey we definitely needed to go.  Ford saw all the rides and quickly began telling us he needed to ride them.  This was ride #1… the fire truck. 
 
On the first time around he said “I ride fire truck.”  By the second time around he had a concerned look on his face.

 
And round three he was crying and they had to stop the ride and let him off. 

His mood was settled when we went to see his favorite babysitter, Lucy, in the Miss Preteen Tate County Pageant!!  She won second place!!!!!!! 

 
Then we ate some healthy fair food like French fires, corn dogs on a stick and you can’t leave that place without a funnel cake.  Ford then spotted a Dumbo elephant ride that he needed to try out….

 
I have no clue who the little girl sitting next to him was, but she didn’t offer much comfort because we got the same results on Dumbo that we got on the fire truck ride. 
 
The Dumbo ride had to be stopped as well.
 
Ford did enjoy going down the slide with Daddy though!

I have been working on manners with Ford lately.  We have been going over.. .
Please and Thank You.  Yes ma’am and no ma’am.  Yes sir and no sir.  Bless you.  And I’m sorry.
School is going good.  There is A LOT OF paperwork and grading that I could do without, but my children are sweet.  On Thursday at 12:00 I started grading papers and by Friday at 2:00 (26 hours) I was finished.  I graded 198 papers most of which were front and back.  SHOOT me now!!!!!!
Tomorrow I am starting on another sewing project.  I am not tackling this alone.  I am taking a Christmas tree skirt class for the next 3 Mondays.  I will blog about my progress.   I think it’s going to be really cute!!!

2 comments:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

His school pictures are adorable!

Meg said...

People may think I am crazy but I really think he is starting to look a little like you!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...