Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dang It

It’s only Tuesday and it feels like it should be Friday.  I am telling you… teaching can wear a woman out.  My students do say some funny things.  The other day we were lining up for recess.  One of my little boys said, “Mrs. Lamar your earrings sure are pretty.  They remind me of the color of your eyes.”  My earrings were black.  Was he suggesting I am evil????  Another afternoon we were doing our social studies lesson and I was referring to my map of North America on the wall.  Someone raised their hand and said “What is that green above the United States?”  I told him it was Canada.  He responded, “Is that where Santa Clause lives?”  I was without words and continued on with me lesson!




Pops has been in the hospital since last Friday.  We are hoping that he can come home tomorrow.  While they have been away Ford has been watching after things at their house.  He went to mow...


 
To check the pool water…
 
While he was working he decided to sport Uncle Vance’s sunglasses…        

 
  And you can’t mow Pop’s yard without wearing his ear muffs. 


 
I saw this bumper sticker the other day.  I do miss you George…
 
Yesterday was week 3 of my Christmas tree skirt class.  The class was only supposed to last 3 weeks, yet no one finished.  I still have to do my backing.  Who knows how long that could take me?  This part took 6 hours…
 
The other day Puddin and Taylor (Puddin’s law clerk) were at my house with Ford while he ate lunch.  Ford burped and Puddin said Ford remember our good manners.  What do you say if you burp?  Ford said “DANG IT”.  I think we still have some work to do on our manners.  And yes, Mother of the Year again!!!!  I could have said worse around him.


Need a cute gift?  Try here… HoneyBeeGifts

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...