Thursday, March 31, 2011

Is it greener???

I often hear of people choosing to bow out of their marriage because they think the grass is greener on the other side. No, I do not think the grass is green on the other side. I am actually extremely happy with my life. I often times think how fortunate I am to be 28 years old and have all that I do. Today, however, I decided that the grass “might” be greener on another side of a profession!


Don’t get me wrong, I love teaching. I have wanted to be a teacher since I started school and really can’t imagine myself doing anything else. There are challenging days and today was one. We have been taking practice tests this week for the BIG achievement test we take in May called the MCT2. It is a test based on the curriculum we have to teach all year and we have NO clue what it looks like. But we must get these little ones ready for it. We in no way can help them at all on the test. I can’t speak to them. Even though we are “practicing” this week I played like it was the real deal. I told them when they finished they could either put their head down on their desk or read a book. Some people don’t follow the rules and one child did this……


A few minutes later I went to collect their tests and realized one of my students was missing. Yes, he was not in his desk. I knew he hadn’t left my room. Where was he you ask? Look back at the picture. You see the tables covered with green fabric? He had crawled under the tables to take a nap!!!!! I almost lost my mind. He and I tangoed a little bit later as well and he slammed my door and clenched his fists at me. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my, I was not happy. Needless to say, the punching bag came in handy today while I worked out.

 Ford playing on the new cabinets
 Looking out the window
 They are complete.  I still need stuff to put on the right side.



Last night I started cooking supper and Ford said… “Up there.”  “Ford sit on cabinet.”  I picked him up and he said, “What’s that?”  I told him it was an onion and he wanted some.  Why not….


 He decided it wasn't too tasty

Ford LOVES a pacifier also known as a pappy around here.  I love them too. 



Ruth, Ford and Lucy.  These are the sweet girls of my trainer, Liz. 



Ford LOVES Lucy whom he called Alfie for the longest time. She is the BEST babysitter around.


Ford often gets confused as to how he should refer to himself.  If he wants me to hold him he says “I need me.”  Tonight he was crying “Momma bathe you.”  He obviously says things that way because we say them to him that way.  Someone, and I am not sure who, but I have some suspicions, has been saying stuff to Ford which he will repeat.  I want to know who has been telling Ford to say that “Momma have another baby.”  Trey claims it’s not him and I certainly didn’t tell him to say such.  So who is to blame????  And NO, I am not pregnant! 

1 comment:

heatherstockett said...

First, I really have to commend you for being a teacher. That's definitely not an easy job, and I probably would've lost it with that child.

Second, I am in love with those cabinets/shelves.

Third, have another baby ;)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...