Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nightmare in Mayberry

The nightmare continues. We had Service Master come and assess the water damage to our house.  And they, along with a contractor/fix-it man, agreed that the floor must come up, baseboards, some/parts of walls, and a new paint job. I can handle my house being messy with toys and mail being around but with huge fans (see below) and dehumidifiers blowing super loud I am about to lose my mind.
Trey sent me a text message yesterday and said that our house was a mess. This is what I saw when I came home.

You can see my washer and dryer are pulled out.  The pipe busted behind them. 






Our furniture has been strode all about and they placed these huge fans everywhere… It’s a MESS!  They are taking the floor out tomorrow.

Ford is NOT a fan of loud noises so our house is terrorizing to him.  Walking into our house is the equivalent to a loud factory with hundreds of machines basically making screaming noises.  And no, we can’t turn them off and we don’t know when everything will be dried out so that we can.   PRAY that it’s soon.  Even Delta is scared!

We spent all day yesterday outside after I got home from school due to the noise.





Our little neighbor, who also happens to be one of my students, came over to play. Ford adores her. She was talking to me and calling me Mrs. Lamar and Ford decided he would as well.


 I promise I change his diapers.  It actually wasn't full, but this picture looks like it is.
 "I ride 4-wheeler, Momma"



Mr. Independent needed to lock the door. Yes, Puddin this is at your house!




Speaking of Puddin, one of her law clerk’s mother’s made Ford this PRECIOUS Easter basket. Her mother is apparently super talented and fixed him an awesome basket and even included tractors. Ford was thrilled and carried it around the house all weekend until we took it away.





And yes, I do believe my child needs a haircut.  His father on the other hand does not.  He has had a total of 8 haircuts in his short little life, the last one being in September.  Trey seems to think his new doo is outstanding and won’t let me cut it.  I have snipped it a bit to keep it out of his eyes though.  So if you are wondering, no, it’s not my idea that my little man looks like a girl! 

More pictures of the home renovations to come…. In the mean time be glad it didn’t happen to you!

1 comment:

heatherstockett said...

I hope your house gets back to its old self again soon!! I can't imagine how I would handle that. We have toys everywhere, too, but all that noise is a completely different story.

I would love to hear Ford call you "Mrs. Lamar". You need to get a video camera out for that :)

And, I'll take one of those Easter baskets!! That is precious!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...