Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bye Bye Floor

Since I last posted on Wednesday things have gotten worse and better.  I really can’t decide which.  I am trying to think positive but in this situation it’s extremely difficult.  On Thursday they ripped out our hardwood floors and left the fans and dehumidifiers.  Now let’s be serious here for a minute.  I am not talking about a sweet little fan you would turn on to cool down after a long day; I am talking a LOUD commercial style man-eating fans. 

This is what I came home to on Thursday.... pretty sad
 A view from what used to my my dinning room.  Now it's a storage room.  Notice the plastic on the right.

Ford is terrified of loud noises so our house is not his idea of fun.  If we are in the front part of the house all he does is cry and whine or need to be held.  Thank goodness the weather is nice and we can spend most of our time outside.  The people from Service Master came today and said that they could take some of the fans away but not all of them.  The ply-wood which was under the hardwood is still wet in some places and that must dry.  We are still waiting on the adjuster to come and make a quote before we get new floors, baseboards, and a paint job.  My house looks like a train wreck.  I would never have voted myself as best housekeeper, but this is borderline ridiculous. 

Playing on the big tractor




Ford loves his Pops (Trey’s dad) and really loves when Pops will take him for a ride on his tractor.  I offered to go for a spin today.  I was getting the full instruction on how to work this fine piece of machinery. 

Trey needed to add his two-cents



I love Christmas.  It’s my most favorite holiday for a variety of reasons.  As we all know Christmas comes in the month of December, but at the Lamar house it’s come more than in just one month.  In January I got my ring Trey got me for Christmas and this month I used a gift certificate he gave me.  On Friday I took a “sanity” day from work.  I went to get my hair cut and colored and then went to get a massage.  This wasn’t any ordinary massage, it was fabulous!  I hope that I can be really good and maybe Trey will give me another one for Mother’s Day.
 Eating peanuts at Puddin and Pops's house
 Swimming



 Playing in a suitcase
My count down to spring break is on.  I bet I am more excited than the kids are!!!  Stay tuned for more about the life and times of the Lamar family and the home renovations. 

1 comment:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

I am so sorry about the disaster!! On the bright side, you get brand new floors;).

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...