Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Reserve Ran Out

If you are wondering, no, our house is not back to normal. It looks pretty much the same as the picture in the last post except after 6 days we don’t have those loud fans anymore. It was almost creepy coming home Monday afternoon from work and my house being so quiet. I am guessing it could be at least another week before the insurance adjuster and contractor people can fix us all back up. It’s been a situation… and I am not even lying.


On Sunday I had the bright idea to go 4-wheeler riding. Trey agreed that it was a good idea and wanted to stop by our new land and future home site first. Ford was not having much of that business because he knew we were supposed to be going to the farm to ride 4-wheelers. Driving Daddy’s truck did help his feelings a little bit though.



Falling down in the tall grass.


Trey and Ford looking at the horses.

Being red-neck and riding thru creeks and lots of mud

After we had been riding about 5 minutes I inquired about the gas situation.  Trey told me that we had plenty of gas and if we happened to run out then 4-wheelers have a thing called reserve.  It wasn’t 2 minutes later that Trey announces that we were about to run out of gas.  I told him it would be a good idea to turn around because we were already a good long ways from his truck.  He insisted that we continue on our nature ride.  I began to threaten him that I would not be happy if we ran out of the reserve gas and I had to carry Ford nearly 1 mile through thick woods.  He laughed at me.  WHAT do you think happened?  We broke down!!! 

Trey calling for help 
 My mad look
 Ford pretend driving... we were stranded
 Me calling 911.... not really but I was getting help
 Trey and Ford doing manly things... probably looking for "deer rubs" or "tracks"

I picked Ford up from his sitter today and thought he felt a little bit warm.  When we got home we walked around outside for a few minutes and I completely forgot about thinking he felt hot.  A little later I went to change his diaper and took his temp.  The first thermometer said 103.2… I decided it was wrong and grabbed another one that read 102.8.  Yep… he’s sick, AGAIN!  I am guessing it’s the ears.  It’s always the ears.  I should have seen the signs… he has been SUPER fussy the last 2 days and has gone to bed before 7:00 both nights.  I will be home with him tomorrow and we will go to see what old doc says in the morning. 

(Notice the trailer... that is our old living room floor).  So sad






I called my mom to tell her how sick my baby was and Ford literally fell asleep in my lap during the 4 minute phone conversation.  Then I laid him on the couch and he slept like this for 30 minutes while I made all kinds of noise in the kitchen.
.


My mother in law made this spaghetti recipe a while back and I thought it was really good. I asked her for the recipe and she couldn’t remember where she found it. I have attempted to make my own version of what we think might have been in there. We had this Monday night.


SPAGHETTI
1 ½ pounds ground beef
½ to 1 onion
1 (16 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 small carton sour cream
1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 bag of shredded Mozzarella cheese
(I also add a little Cheddar cheese)
thin spaghetti noodles

Cook meat, drain, and pour in a bowl. Saute onion in a small amount of butter and add to meet. Cook noodles and add to meat and onion. Pour the remaining ingredients (not the cheese) in the bowl and stir. Pour in a large casserole dish, top with cheese and bake at 350 until bubbly.


It’s really easy and makes a lot. We usually eat on it for 2 nights and then I freeze the rest.


My mom is also a great cook and fed us good growing up. Tonight I cooked one of her dishes.


CHEESY CHICKEN
Boneless skinless chicken breasts (enough for however many people you are feeding)


Bake in the over until done. In a bowl mix up 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 small can of evaporated milk, and some (not an entire bag) mild or medium shredded cheese. Pour mixture over chicken during the last 15 minutes of cooking. Serve sauce on top of white rice as well.

2 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Hope Ford gets better soon! Trey should've known what was going to happen ;) Ford looks like such a big boy in his blue pull over and khakis!!

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

I was just saying I wanted to ride 4 wheelers! Dang ear infections! We are just getting over one...Reid was so sick with one Sunday night.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...