Sunday, January 23, 2011

First trip to the woods

This was not Ford’s best week at the babysitter’s house.  He bit the little baby at the lady’s house.  He has no problem telling you that he “bite Emma.”  He did it on Tuesday and is still talking about it today.  We have talked to him about it every day since and I am hoping that it doesn’t happen again.  Trey and I were terribly embarrassed. 

Reading a cookbook
Pitching one


Ford was calling me the other day.  When I found him he was in his stroller ready for a ride. 

Eating a cinnamon roll

 Bath time



I may have to sleep outside for this next one.  On Saturday morning Ford woke up about 7:30 hollering “Momma” through the monitor.  I got up and got his milk and we rocked a bit.  After rocking I told Trey he needed to get up too because it wasn’t fair that I always had to get up early and he didn’t.  Well, he wouldn’t get up so Ford and I went in there with him to watch The Wiggles.  After a few minutes Ford wanted to get up.  I continued to tell Trey (now an hour after I have gotten up) that he needed to get up and play with us too.  I decided to get some footage of him…
 And he's watching The Wiggles......
 At Uncle Ken and Aunt Ashley's house.   Aunt Ashley gave Ford a sucker.

Aunt Ashley and Ford
 Riding the see-saw with Molly Cate

Ford loves to get Delta some food for her bowl.  He helped me out this morning before church. 
 Waiting on Daddy to come on so we won't be too late

Ford loves to look at himself on the camera after I have taken a picture.  Here he is chasing me to see it. 
 My tough boys riding the lawnmower
 Riding in Ford's car


We went to see the cannon from WWI by our house.


 "I touch it"

While Ford took his nap today I made my weekly Wal-Mart run.  I bought him a big green frog sucker.  He referred to it as a turtle.  Whatever… they are both green. 


Trey begged me to go hunting with him today and I told him I was over that for this year.  He said well then lets all go.  And that we did.  All three of us got dressed and loaded up for the big hunt.  Ford was so loud that Trey said we might as well be shooting firecrackers.  He wanted to go home about 3 minutes after we got there so we tried to occupy his time with fun hunting items that Daddy had in his bag.  Trey said Ford can’t come back with him until he is at least 8!!!!
 Yes, I have a blanket wrapped around me.  It was more for Ford.



FORD FACTS:




Ford will be 21 months next Tuesday

He weighs 25.8 pounds

He wears mostly 18 months clothes with a few 12 months and a few 24 months

He wears a size 4 diaper

He wears a size 5 shoe

He still loves his pacifier (pappy) which we try to only give to him at nap time or bed time

I still give my child a bottle (Yes, shame on me) in the morning and at night. I am working on this, I promise. It’s just hard.

He takes one nap a day for 1.5 to 2.5 hours

Some of his favorite things to eat are pretzels, rice, pizza, goldfish, cinnamon rolls, chips, and Sweet-tarts (loves, loves, loves them)

He is not a big fan of textured foods… fruit is out. He eats a lot of those mushy fruits like apple sauce and the other flavored ones.

He LOVES tractors. It’s borderline ridiculous. A tractor can also be classified as a riding lawnmower. If he has seen anyone’s tractor he talks about it constantly.

He is also a fan of trains (we live by a train track) and fire trucks (we live by a fire station). But in Mayberry you live by everything since it’s so small.

He is fascinated with airplanes, horses and 4-wheelers as well

He calls push lawnmowers “Bubbles” since he has one that blows bubbles.

He can say just about anything.

If you ask him where he lives he knows.

He can count to ten.

He can recognize several colors, but calls most of them blue.

He loves the Baby Einstein DVD’s we have. There is one that is called Baby Macdonald and it has farm animals and tractors on in which we watch all the time. (literally)  Ford refers to it as "tractor show."

He loves to sit in my car and screams “Drive Mommy Car.”

He graduated from his Bumbo seat a few weeks ago to a chair that is strapped to one of our kitchen chairs.

He loves Delta (our dog) although she doesn’t share the same amount of love for him.

He loves to go to church.

He is definitely a Momma’s boy.


My cute door at school

2 comments:

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Maggie is obsessed with the Baby Einstein Old McDonald too. We watch it EVERY day!!! That is hilarious that he crawled up in his stroller and was telling you its time to go!!!

Katie said...

Ford has so many teeth! Loved the hunting pictures!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...