Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hunting in pink and Elfie came to visit

Last week I was on a role with my blogging and this week has come to a halt. Oh yeah… I am back at work now! Ohhh how lovely Thanksgiving break was!!
Well, last weekend Trey came home from hunting Saturday morning about 10:45 and said we should drive over to Oxford for the day, but come home and watch the game. This was not on the agenda for the day, but I went with the idea on short notice. So when Ford woke up from his nap we headed over. We walked around the Square for a bit and then did the Grove. It was chilly! We ended up staying about 2 hours.



 Yes, Mom, I chopped his head off in this picture.  It's hard to shoot a moving target!





Trey told me on Sunday that we would go hunting. I wasn’t thrilled about the idea but said okay. Plus it wasn’t too cold. I completely annoy him when I feel the need to document our hunting excursions, but I feel one must capture these special moments as well.



He did not approve of my pink ear muffs or my pink gloves, but I had to add some color to my outfit.  I had on his old pants and the most hideous sweater you have ever seen. 
 Did we kill anything?  That is a sore subject.  A NICE 8 point walked out and he said that I couldn’t make the shot since it was 250 yards away.  What it really boils down to is that this deer was bigger than any he had ever killed and he didn’t want his wifey to out do him!  I will get him next time.


Ohhh Christmas Tree!!!!!!!



 The best present ever!!!!!!

Our Elf on the Shelf came, Elfie.  I explained to Ford that Elfie would be watching him and reporting back to Santa if he was a good boy.  And if he acted sweet Santa would bring him toys.  I think he understood the concept better than I first thought possible.  He calls Santa “A Clause”.  It’s so cute… and he loves the Christmas tree.  He has mastered the art of turning the lights on and off.
Bath time



These weren’t the best pictures, I know.  I will do better next time.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...