Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wrong Thing to Say

I actually have a lot to say tonight. Last weekend a gray kitten adopted us. I am not a cat person, but in kitty terms this was a cute cat. Ford was so excited. He would holler “kitty kitty”. The poor cat was scared to death. I was sure it would leave but it never did. Delta was all upset that a cat was in her back yard and I personally didn’t like hearing all the crying it did. We found the kitty a home after 2 days. Thank goodness.
For the last six days now Trey and I have been in a panic trying to figure out who would be able to keep Ford since his sitter is still tending to her husband who had open heart surgery. Last week a good friend of mine kept Ford on Wednesday and my Mom had him Thursday and Friday. This week Puddin had him Monday morning then his grandmother, Bobba, that afternoon. On Tuesday Aunt Ashley, Molly Cate and Caroline drove down to keep Ford, today Uncle Bobby and Bobba kept Ford, tomorrow my friend, Rosy, is keeping him again, and Friday Puddin will have him on her birthday. He has had a BIG time getting loads of attention. I asked Aunt Ashley to keep my camera yesterday and document the activities….

Ford has been a pistol with me lately. It’s only me too. He has my number and he knows it!!! He will pitch a MAJOR fit if he isn’t getting his way. Yesterday, while I was trying to cook, I gave him a Crystal Lite container that had a Cherry Limeaid packet inside. He had fun trying to open the container. The next time I turned around his face looked like this…

I decided that was not a good idea to play with the drink mix so I took it away. The fit began…

Ohhhhhhh the joys of motherhood!!!!!

Trey told me not to write this but I think it is worth discussing. As you all know, I have been working out. Tonight Trey says, “Do you think you have lost weight? Gained weight? Or stayed the same?” That question right there told me he thought I had gained weight. He would never ask that otherwise. I said, “Well, I don’t know. I haven’t been on the scale lately. I’m sure I haven’t lost weight considering I am not watching what I eat.” Then he said “Well, you look “STOCKY!!!” I almost fell over. That is NOT a good thing to say to a woman, much less you wife. I got upset. He said I didn’t mean that I meant “Thick.” It just kept getting worse!!!!!! He then said you look like you are “bulking up” with all those weights you have been lifting. I, myself, do not think any of the above comments were appropriate or needed. He may sleep outside tonight!

I really am so excited this is Labor Day weekend. I need a good long weekend at home. This is also dove season. Trey will become one with the dove fields and Ford and I may hit the pool.

We will be graduating to a size 4 diaper tomorrow!

4 comments:

The Savage Family said...

oh my gosh jill! I think you look great and I only wish I had time to workout!

Unknown said...

I know - I'm the bad guy! Thanks Jill.

heatherstockett said...

Awe, poor Trey! Men don't know what to say with weight issues-believe me. Adam walks on very thin ice around that subject. My mom told me that on her first date with my dad, he told her "you don't sweat bad for a fat chic". ;)

Love the pics of Ford! Now, all we need is a pic of you in a wife beater showing off your muscles in the mirror ;)

Margaret said...

I think you look great. I wish I could get that whole "commitment" thing to coincide with working out.

Great pictures of Ford, as always!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...