Thursday, August 26, 2010

Jill Time

You know I really don’t have a lot to talk about tonight, but I told Trey when he finally came home at 6:40 that I needed some Jill time. When I was growing up my mom used to say she needed some “Suzanne time” (that is her name) and I never really understood why she did or what that meant. Now that I am a working mom I totally understand how important “Suzanne time” is.
School is getting better. I think I am finally beginning to mold my new darlings into the fine young men and women I want them to be. By the end of the day I am shot. The students come into my room at 7:30 and I don’t get a break from all 25 of them until 2:05 when they leave for activity. I have no assistant teacher in my room so it’s me verses them! I win… but they wear me out! I usually go to bed at 9:00 or before every night!
Ford’s babysitter’s husband is having open heart surgery tomorrow. Please pray for him. Ford went to the sitter on Monday and Tuesday and the rest of the week we have been scrapping to figure out what to do with our precious child! My sweet friend, Rosy, kept him on Wednesday and my mom, Gran, had him today and will keep him again tomorrow. I do not know what next week holds but pray for us. Trey and I really don’t need to miss work. We hope her husband has a speedy recovery.

Ford is a pretty good eater. He is not a fan of fruit. The only way I can get him to eat fruit is if I give him baby food. So for breakfast we have baby food fruit. The other night I cooked and made him a little plate. The only thing he wanted to eat was the rice I cooked. It’s one of my mother’s recipes and I have always liked it, but apparently Ford has a great appreciation for this rice because he was demanding it before he could swallow the bite he had in his mouth.


BROWN RICE

1 cup of rice
1 stick of butter
2 cans Beef Consumme’
1 tbsp onion juice (they have this in a small glass bottle at Kroger or a grocery store. Wal-Mart does not carry it).

Put in a casserole dish. Do not stir. Do not cover. Cook at 350 for 45 minutes. You can half the recipe.

Yes, we brush our teeth

It’s almost my bed time and I still have a lot to do… Until next time.

1 comment:

Ginger, David, Adeline & Seth said...

Hey Jill! The kids are IN LOVE with the kitten. They named him Stormy since it was raining on Sunday. We took him to Dr. Mark yesterday and he got checked out and got his shots. Really sweet, playful kitten. I'm just hoping he stays and doesn't run off, or that our other cat doesn't lead him away :)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...