Friday, August 20, 2010

Four New Ones

I would not rate my blogging skills as superior here lately. I haven’t blogged since last Tuesday, which is nearly an eternity for me, but hey… I am back at work and you have to take what you can get.


Last Friday, Trey and I left to go to Nashville. This time “I” was in the wedding and not him! It was kind of early for me to be asking for a day off, but this was a necessity. Instead of having a bride’s maid’s brunch, Sarah wanted to do a spa party. I think it was a LOEVLY idea! We started off by getting our feet done. This was a treat for me because I had not had my toes done since I was pregnant. The only reason I got them done then was because I couldn’t see my feet!!! The lady working on me asked if I wanted the “razor” on my feet. I said “YEAH!” She started shaving the dead skin off my feet and the bride said “Sick, Jill. Do you never get pedicures?” I said “No.” I could have saved a burn victim with all she got off. I know… I know… Too much information. Just giving you all a visual.


Trey and I had a lot of fun getting away for the weekend. I enjoyed seeing all of my college buddies as well…


During the ceremony a bug jumped out of my bouquet and onto my arm. I nearly croaked. I tried not to make a scene about the attack, but swatted my pesky friend off. Then I kept itching to death. Luckily the preacher said several prayers and I was able to scratch my arms, head, face, and neck. I mean… seriously, this would only happen to me!
The wedding reception was at the Parthenon in Nashville…
Last week was a big week for Fordman. He got 4 teeth. We had gone for 6 months without getting a tooth and then he got four. It was big time. I should have known this was coming since he was like a drool factory.
I let Ford play in Trey’s truck the other day. He had such a big time. He was NOT happy when his fun was over.

Then we went swimming which made things all better…


When Trey and I were engaged he rode me down this deserted road around Senatobia and said he could envision building a house on some land out there one day. I did not have the same vision and basically squalled and cried to him that our future children would be eaten by coyotes and I would live in fear. I believe he may have wanted to call off the nuptials at that point, but he stuck with me. I pleaded that I wanted neighbors while he begged for land. We found our happy medium. A few weeks ago we purchased 9 acres of land on the back side of the country club. We don’t have plans to build anytime soon, but we are proud of our new purchase and future residence.


And we ended our day in the bath tub.

1 comment:

heatherstockett said...

First, please get pedicures more often ;)

Second, I love all the pics of the wedding. You look great! And I can't imagine a bug jumping out of your flowers! I definitely would've screamed or fallen over...something.

Third, I literally laughed out loud when I read you thought your future children would be eaten coyotes. Hilarious!

Congrats on the new purchase! That's huge!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...