Sunday, July 18, 2010

Oops

All good bloggers tend to make some mistakes sometimes and we all know I make them quite often. My dear cousin, Maria, pointed out that I goofed up on the strawberry pie recipe. If you have indeed made the pie already I hope you bought Eagle Brand condensed milk and not evaporated milk. So the correct recipe would be….

MY MOM’S STRAWBERRY PIE

1 can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
1 lemon squeezed
1 small strawberry jello mix
1 large (16 oz) cool whip
4 cups of strawberries (I bought a 32 oz container)
2 graham cracker pie crusts

Mix condensed milk and lemon juice. Sprinkle dry jello into mixture. Fold in cool whip. Fold in strawberries. (You must cut your strawberries. I don’t like large pieces in my pie!) Pour into crusts. Makes 2 pies. Refrigerate for several hours.


So Friday I turned 28. To some of my elders that might not seem too old in your eyes, but I am scaring 30 to death. The birthday went well. I started the day off with a good workout, went to lunch with some friends, and ended the evening eating with Trey and another family in town. Not only did they cook us a wonderful supper, but I also got a cake with candles. Notice it says 40!!! All in all I rang in the 28th year of my life in good fashion!! Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Saturday night we went to eat with my parents at their house and my dad, BoomPa, took Ford for a ride on his lawnmower.

We ended our day today with a dip in Puddin and Pop’s swimming pool. Puddin bought Ford a new swimming device.


I promise to have a more interesting post next time.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I think you said evaporated milk the the written out instructions again! Where did you get the swimmin device?

The Dimino's said...

Happy belated birthday!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...