Saturday, May 29, 2010

Blast from the Past

My favorite time of year is here. Yes, its summer, but that is not what I am talking about. I am referring to the end of school….meaning I don’t have to get up at 5:30 and go to teach the future leaders of tomorrow until August 5. I love my job more than I can explain. There is NOTHING in this world that would bring me more pleasure than being an educator, but by May we are all worn out and ready for some R & R.



I am slightly bummed to announce that my camera is broken. Somehow after the trip to the lake last weekend the button for the camera got switched to video and broke and I can’t get it back. I took my camera to our tech guy at school and I am hoping he can fix it. So, I don’t have any good pictures to share with you today.

Since I don’t have any recent pictures of my little man we will look at some my friend, Jamie, took of Ford when he was 4 weeks old. That would be exactly 1 year ago…

Ford amazes us everyday. He is so smart and understands a lot of what we say to him.


Some Ford facts…

• He can say: Momma, Dadda, Daddy, Delta, (our dog) Bo, (Puddin and Pops dog) ball, bubbles, Bobby, (Trey’s uncle) dog, Bible, book, juice, baby, and I am sure some I am leaving out.  We are also working on animal noises.  He is good at the dog and cow.  We are practicing really hard on the cat and duck too.

• He loves to be outside more than anything. We gave him a Radio Flyer Coupe for his birthday, Puddin and Pops gave him a wagon, and Bobba (Trey’s grandmother) gave him a bubble lawn mower. When we go outside he must have all 3 of them out of the storage room before he can begin to play properly.

• He loves the water hose as you have seen from previous pictures. He has been known to play in it for 30 plus minutes at a time.

• He is fascinated with Puddin and Pops swimming pool. This can also be scary since I am sure he would walk straight into the water without hesitation.

• He won’t eat fruit or noodles. I think it’s the texture that really throws him off.

• If he likes a particular thing I am feeding him he will point at it and say “Ugh” meaning he wants more.

• He would much rather play with the home phone, remote, pots/pans, Tupperware, or a cord than any of his toys. Speaking of… I am requesting no toys for Christmas.

• He does not like to be rocked. After his bottle is gone he wants nothing more than to lie peacefully in his bed with a minimum of 5 pacifiers (pacies).

• He is showing an interest in books this week. There is one in particular that is his favorite. It has a picture and 1 word per page. He must have a short attention span!!

Some more pictures of Ford from a year ago…
 
Those pictures just really made me sad. I almost have a hard time remembering Ford being that small. He has grown up way too fast! I am about to go in his room and look at him right now. Everyone have a great holiday weekend.

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...