Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's not gel, Jill.... It's paste



It’s not gel, Jill…. It’s paste. Those are the famous words my husband spoke to me this week when he came home with his hair shorter than I have ever seen it. I gasped at his new doo and then asked him if he were enlisting in the army. He laughed and then broke out the “hair gel”. There are some people who need hair gel… I am the queen of bathroom and hair products, but the fact that MY HUSBAND now is the proud owner of hair gel was more than I can handle. I, along with several others, have been giving him a hard time!

Trey’s new look

Spring break has been really nice. No, I didn’t see the bottom of my laundry basket (my 1 goal for the week), but I did see the bottom of Ford’s at least twice and I think Trey saw the bottom of his. All the hand wash only stuff really gets me.

My mom, Gran, and I were supposed to take Ford to Sebastopol, MS to visit my Nanny on Wednesday, but in true Ford fashion he got sick. I would have put money on it that he had another ear infection. We went to the doctor (see pictures) and the ears looked good and the throat looked good. The nurse pricked his finger to draw blood and I just knew he was going to start yelling but amazingly he didn’t. He was rather ticked that she put a band-aid on his finger and worked on that until he bit it off.
Speaking of band aids… Trey said he needed to go to Wal-Mart tonight to get some new “hair gel” and I asked him to pick up some kiddy band-aids for Ford. He argued with me saying that he and I don’t have special band aids and that Ford didn’t need them. He said the only person who really needed them was me. I know… actually I like when kids wear Sesame Street or Sponge Bob band aids. Well, when he returned with his new hair gel he broke out the band aids. No Sesame Street or Sponge Bob, but Camouflage. AHhhhhhhhh men!

This week has been really pretty. Ford and I did a lot of playing outside. We pushed the lion up and down the driveway, down the sidewalk, and into the grass.


We also visited the Dollar Tree to buy bubbles and a ball and bat. The bubbles weren’t the best I have ever seen, but the bat was a large success!!

I bought the little man some Bunny Ears at Wal-Mart and he didn’t love them as much as I thought he should.


We played some at Daddy’s office this week. My friend, Cooper, was even there.


Looking at the cows..

Me and Mommy

6 comments:

heatherstockett said...

You can tell Trey that I ONLY buy kids band aids. We have Dora, Cars, Sponge Bob, and Sesame Street :)

Love the pic of him waving to the cows! Precious!!

tlamar44 said...

This was just plain wrong!

Margaret said...

Hahaha.

Katie said...

Oh my goodness, Trey is looking just like his dad! It happens! Joey looks more and more like his dad, esp. when their hair is the same. Ford is precious, as always.

Janice said...

I really want Ford and RJ to play one day! They look like they would love to get into something together :)

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

HA! We have had the gel/paste conversation many a days at our house! Ford is such a little cutie pie! Sorry you are sick! Its the worse not being able to cuddle and kiss your baby. That was me last week.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...